Government of the Slovak Republic Scholarships 2024 for international students
The Slovak Republic Government is providing scholarships to help international students, PhD candidates, university professors, researchers, and artists study and work in Slovakia. These scholarships support academic and research opportunities at Slovak higher education institutions and research organizations.
The program provides scholarships to cover living expenses while you’re here and travel allowances for certain categories, including international scholarship recipients, students, and PhD students.
Universities in the Slovak Republic have a significant historical legacy, with the oldest and largest being Comenius University in Bratislava, founded in 1919. Other institutions, such as the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice, and the Technical University of Košice, have been pivotal in providing education in various fields. Additionally, institutions like Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra, the University of Žilina, and specialized academies like AFAD and VŠMU have contributed to diverse academic offerings. Furthermore, universities like UVMP and SMU cater to veterinary medicine and healthcare education. These institutions collectively have a profound impact on Slovakia’s educational, cultural, and scientific development.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Government of the Slovak Republic
Host Institution(s): Universities in Slovak Republic
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists
Nationality: Domestic or International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Government of the Slovak Republic Scholarships 2024 for international students:
- Must be university students outside Slovakia.
- Must be second-level (master’s) students or have completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies.
- Will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia.
Duration for Students:
- 1 to 2 full semesters (4 to 5 or 9 to 10 months).
- 1 to 3 full trimesters, if applicable (3 to 4, 6 to 7, or 9 to 10 months).
For PhD Students:
- Must be PhD students conducting studies or research outside Slovakia.
- Must be accepted by a Slovakian higher education or research institution.
Duration for PhD Students:
- 1 to 10 months.
For International University Teachers, Researchers, or Artists:
- Must be invited by a Slovakian institution with eligibility for research and development.
- The inviting institution should not be a business company and must be based in Slovakia.
Duration for University Teachers, Researchers, or Artists:
- 1 to 10 months.
SEE ALSO: IREX Community Solutions Program 2024
Application Procedure for Government of the Slovak Republic Scholarships 2024 for international students (How to apply);
To apply for scholarships, visit www.scholarships.sk and use the online application system. Make sure to check if the system is open, as it typically opens at least 6 weeks before the application deadline. You can only complete your application when the online system is accessible.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023
For more information visit the official website