2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge for African Tech Innovators and Entrepreneurs
Suitably qualified African Tech Innovators and Entrepreneurs are invited to apply for the 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge worth about $50,000 in cash prizes.
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge recognizes and partners with African Tech Innovators and Entrepreneurs who are ready to scale and provides them with support and access to opportunities in Ecobank’s 33 African markets. The goal of the challenge is to contribute to their growth as potential Pan African Fintech success stories.
Ecobank whose official name is Ecobank Transnational Inc. (ETI), was founded in 1985. It is a pan-African banking conglomerate, with banking operations in over 36 African countries and is the leading independent regional banking group in West Africa and Central Africa when it comes to the banking sector. Ecobank is a large financial service provider with offices in 36 countries around the world, and presence in 36 sub-Saharan countries and it continues to improve it’s customer service satisfaction by providing its staff members with several training and mentorship.
Requirements for the 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge for African Tech Innovators and Entrepreneurs:
- Applicants must be from an African county.
- The Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent.
- Applicants products submission must address one or more of a specific set of pain points which can be found here.
Benefits of the 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge for African Tech Innovators and Entrepreneurs:
- The selected finalists will get to participate in the Grand Finale of the Ecobank Fintech Challenge.
- The ultimate winner for the 2022 Challenge will be awarded a cash prize of $50,000.
- All finalists are inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, which affords them the opportunity to explore deals, integration and commercial partnership with the Ecobank Group.
Method of Application for the 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge for African Tech Innovators and Entrepreneurs:
Interested Fintechs can apply by submitting details of their product as well as a demo HERE.
Timeline for the 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge for African Tech Innovators and Entrepreneurs:
- Late August to Mid-September 2022: Application begins
- Late September 2022: Get Shortlisted
- Mid-October 2022: Become a finalist
- Late October 2022: Pitch at Challenge event/win cash
- Late October 2022: Get Inducted into Ecobank Fintech Fellowship
- November 2022 to April 2023: Explore Integration & commercial partnership opportunities with Ecobank Group
Application Deadline: September 16, 2022.