2022 New Media Writing Prize for new-media writing
Suitably qualified new-media writing outside the UK who are looking to advance in their writing career are called to submit application for the 2022 New Media Writing Prize which opens the door way to so many endless opportunities.
The New Media Writing Prize encourages and promotes the best in new-media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and interactive storytelling. The prize encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling. In the past six years, the contest has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field.
New Media Writing Prize showcase exciting and inventive stories and poetry that integrate a variety of digital formats, platforms, and media.
Eligibility for the 2022 New Media Writing Prize for new-media writing:
- The Competition is free and open to any person whatever their age or nationality.
- The Competition is open to all students, professionals, artists, writers, developers, designers or enthusiasts.
- It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK.
- Entries do need to be in English.
- The organisation is looking for good storytelling (fiction or non-fiction) written specifically for delivery and reading/viewing on a PC or Mac, the web, or a hand-held device such as an iPad or mobile phone. It could be a short story, novel, poem, narrative game, documentary, or trans-media work using words, images, film or animation with audience interaction. Interactivity is a key element of new-media storytelling.
- Ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer.
- Effective use of interactive elements.
- A great example of how new media can do things that traditional media can’t.
- The potential to reach out to a wide audience.
Method of Application for the 2022 New Media Writing Prize for new-media writing:
Interested applicants are required to submit their entry for any of the Prizes via the online form. Applicants should ensure each entry contain an active URL and the following information below:
- Title of the work, clear access details, including, URL, download instructions, app access code if required (if an access code is needed for an app, we require 6 free codes, for the judges)
- Entrant’s contact details: name, email address, telephone number and postal address. For joint entries, all entrants’ contact details must be provided with identification of the main entrant for contact purposes.
- Entrant’s short autobiography (50-100 words). For joint entries, all entrants must provide their autobiographies.
- Entrants who wish to submit as students must provide a proof of identity which should be copied into the entry form in the short biography section, e.g. a scan copy of entrant’s Student Union ID card or university enrollment number, which will be authenticated at the organizer’s discretion.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2022.