2023 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme for International Researchers
Suitably qualified International Researchers who are looking to pursue a fully funded Fellowship programme in Canada are invited to submit application for the 2023 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme worth about $100,000 CAD.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme provides funding and support to help scholars build their research network and develop essential skills needed to become leaders. Global Scholars are researchers within five years of their first academic appointment from anywhere in the world.
The CIFAR Azrieli helps early-career researchers think and work outside their silos by facilitating dialogue between diverse disciplines and immersing them in our research programs for a truly enriching experience. The CIFAR Azrieli believes that tomorrow’s research leaders must effectively engage key stakeholders in their communities, in government, industry, or the general public to both inform and disseminate their work by providing early-career researchers opportunities to increase the impact of their research by interacting with leaders both within and outside of academia.
Eligibility for the 2023 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme for International Researchers:
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but must hold a PhD or its equivalent.
- Applicants must be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment.
- Applicants must be scholars’ research whose interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
- Applicants must be available to attend a two-day in person interview which is to hold on March 22 to 24, 2023 in Toronto, Canada. Travel costs will be covered by CIFAR.
Benefits of the 2023 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme for International Researchers:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put applicant’s skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
Method of Application for the 2023 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme for International Researchers:
Interested applicants are required to engage with any of the following CIFAR research programs below:
- Boundaries, Membership & Belonging
- Brain, Mind & Consciousness
- Earth 4D: Subsurface Science & Exploration
- Fungal Kingdom: Threats & Opportunities
- Innovation, Equity & the Future of Prosperity
Application Deadline: October 25, 2022.