2023 Commonwealth Distance Learning Masters Scholarships
2023 Commonwealth Distance Learning Masters Scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic session is open officially for highly intellectual international students who wish to further their studies in UK Universities while remaining in their home countries.
This program is for Masters students who are talented and motivated to acquire training and skills to develop their professions and for their country development. The program is fully funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). This opportunity will enable talented and motivated individuals to access training and skills required for sustainable development not available in their home countries.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. It operates within the framework of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship plan (CSFP) and offers a vivid demonstration of the UK’s enduring commitment to the Commonwealth. By attracting individuals with outstanding talent and identifiable potential from all backgrounds and supporting them to become leaders and innovators on returning to their home countries, the CSC’s work combines sustainable development with the UK national interest and provides opportunities for international partnerships and collaboration.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Government
Host Institution(s): Universities in the UK
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Not specified
Nationality: Commonwealth Countries
Requirements and eligibility criteria for 2023 Commonwealth Distance Learning Masters Scholarships:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu,Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
Application Procedure for 2023 Commonwealth Distance Learning Masters Scholarships (How to apply);
Candidates who are interested for 2023 Commonwealth Distance Learning Master’s Scholarships are to apply and secure admission to study an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university in addition to applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship via the CSC’s online application system.
To complete the application form, applicants will be asked to:
- List all undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications obtained
- List up to 10 publications and prizes
- Provide details of their employment history and explain how each job is relevant to the programme to be undertaken
- Provide a statement on the relevance of their previous work experience to the proposed Scholarship
- List names and positions of two referees who are qualified to comment on both the candidate’s capacity to benefit from the proposed Scholarship in the UK and their ability to deliver development impact afterwards. One referee must be a current employer (if applicable)
- Provide a Development Impact
Application Deadline: 28th March 2023 at 16:00 (GMT)
For more information visit the official website