2023 DAAD Masters Scholarships for International Students in Germany
Suitably qualified international students who are looking to pursue their master’s degree programme in Germany are invited to apply for the 2023 DAAD Masters Scholarships which is a fully funded scholarship for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The DAAD Masters Scholarships offers outstanding international students the opportunity to continue their academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study through the Master’s scholarship that covers scholarship payments of 861 euros a month, payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover, travel allowance and a one-off study allowance.
DAAD also known as the German Academic Exchange Service is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany. The organization was founded in 1925 and is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation. The organization itself does not offer programs of study, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any accredited German institutions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD Masters Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Any accredited German institution
Scholarship Worth: Covers scholarship payments of 861 euros a month, payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover, travel allowance, one-off study allowance and maybe, monthly rent subsidy and monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study level: Master’s
Eligibility for the 2023 DAAD Masters Scholarships for International Students in Germany:
- Applicants must be an international student.
- Applicants must be excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diploma or comparable academic degree) at the commencement of the scholarship supported study programme.
- Applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programmes.
- Applicants must have completed your first degree (e.g. Bachelor’s or Diplom) at the latest by the time the funding period begins.
Method of Application for the 2023 DAAD Masters Scholarships for International Students in Germany:
Interested applicants are required to process their application through the DAAD online portal.
Applicants should ensure to upload the following documents below:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (maximum 3 pages)
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 to 3 pages). Carefully read the important information for scholarship applicants / Section B, Point 1.
- Letter of admission to the study programme at the host university in Germany. If applicant have not yet received notification of admission at the time of application, he/she must submit this before the funding period begins.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022.