2023 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) for Nigerian Youths
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) is inviting Nigerian youths and MSMEs from various sectors to apply for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP). This program aims to equip participants with essential knowledge and skills to thrive in the Nigerian business landscape.
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) is a prominent initiative of the Development Bank of Nigeria, now in its 5th cycle. With a strong commitment to capacity building, the Bank has successfully trained over 2000 MSMEs throughout Nigeria using a combination of digital and physical platforms, including the DBN Learning Management System (LMS) and strategic partnerships.
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) follows a series of activities with specific start and end dates. Here is a summary of the program’s activities:
Registration and Online training on the DBN Biz Aid: Start Date: 06-May
- The application process for face-to-face training:
Start Date: 10-July
End Date: 17-July
- Selection and announcement of selected candidates:
Start Date: 24-July
End Date: 25-July
- Face-to-face training in Abuja:
Start Date: 31-July
End Date: 04-August
- Face-to-face training in Lagos:
Start Date: 14-August
End Date: 18-August
- Face-to-face training in Port Harcourt:
Start Date: 25-August
End Date: 01-Sept.
These activities outline the timeline and progression of the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme, providing participants with structured training opportunities and valuable face-to-face sessions in different locations.
Internships Sponsor(s): Development Bank of Nigeria (DNB), Nigeria
Internships Location: Abuja, Lagos & Port Harcourt in Nigeria
Internships Duration: 3 Months approximately
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Nigerian Youths in MSMEs across any sector
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) for Nigerian Youths:
- Business owners must be 18 years and above.
- The business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The business must be based in Nigeria.
- The business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- Selection criteria include bankability, feasibility, sustainability of the business model, and scalability.
- The training format includes virtual and onsite training.
- Virtual training consists of 9 modules implemented through the DBN learning management platform.
- Onsite training is a 5-day practical training conducted in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
- The pitching session allows all businesses to present their value proposition.
25 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding of N500,000 each.
Application Procedure for 2023 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) for Nigerian Youths (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for the 2023 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) for Nigerian Youths, should follow the steps below;
- Register on the DBN BizAid application.
- Complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform.
- Obtain an average score of 70% on all quizzes.
- Mandatory courses include Accounting & Bookkeeping, Sustainability for MSMEs,
- Marketing and Sales Techniques, and Credit Management/Access to Finance.
- Businesses completing the 4 courses will receive an email to apply for face-to-face training.
- Confirmation of receipt will be sent within 24 hours of submitting the application form.
- Screening and shortlisting of applicants based on eligibility criteria.
- Selection is carried out using defined selection criteria.
- Successful applicants are notified via email and phone calls.
- Training will start on specified dates in Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
For more information visit the official website