2023 EU Funded Uganda Traineeship Program for Recent Graduates
If you’re passionate about global affairs and diplomacy and have recently graduated, we have a unique opportunity for you. The EU Delegation to Uganda is offering a funded traineeship program in 2023 that will give you an immersive experience in the world of international relations. You’ll get to witness firsthand how the EU Delegation operates and represents the interests and values of the European Union in Uganda.
Starting in June 2023, the EU Delegation to Uganda is offering a traineeship opportunity of a maximum duration of six months in their Cooperation Section. The trainee will engage in researching and analyzing information, as well as undertaking various other duties. This traineeship will help you develop your research and analytical skills, as well as expose you to a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities. It’s an excellent chance to gain practical experience and insight into the workings of a diplomatic mission. Apply now and take the first step towards a rewarding career in international affairs.
The EU Funded Uganda Traineeship Program, also known as the European Union Support to Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship in Uganda (EUSEEEU), was launched in 2016 with the aim of providing Ugandan youth with skills and work experience in various sectors such as agriculture, tourism, and ICT. The program was funded by the European Union and implemented by the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) in partnership with the Ministry of Finance, Planning, and Economic Development. The traineeship program has helped to address youth unemployment in Uganda and has provided opportunities for young people to acquire skills and experience that enhance their employability and entrepreneurial potential.
Internships Sponsor(s): European Union
Internships Duration: 6 months
Internships Location: Uganda
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Recent graduate
Nationality: Not specified
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 EU Funded Uganda Traineeship Program for Recent Graduates:
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree in the field of political science, economics, social science, communications, or any other area relevant to EU cooperation in Uganda from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must be currently residing in Uganda.
- Must demonstrate a very good command of spoken and written English
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, and able to work in a multicultural team.
- Able to demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, research, writing, and analytical skills; Skilled in using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proven interest in international relations, development cooperation, and/or socio-economic development.
- Knowledge of Uganda’s institutional system and context would be an asset.
Application Procedure for 2023 EU Funded Uganda Traineeship Program for Recent Graduates (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for the 2023 EU Funded Uganda Traineeship Program for Recent Graduates, are to send their application and other supported documents to DELEGATION-UGANDA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu.
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in another format will not be considered).
- A cover letter describing why you want to participate in an EU traineeship.
- An application form
For more information visit the official website