2023 Excellence Scholarship for International Students at Leiden University in Netherlands
Exciting news for ambitious students! Leiden University in the Netherlands is currently accepting applications for the 2023 Excellence Scholarship for International Students. This scholarship presents a remarkable opportunity for those eager to elevate their academic pursuits to new heights. Leiden University takes pride in offering the prestigious Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) exclusively to international students for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic session.
Leiden University is offering the Leiden Excellence Scholarship (LExS) for exceptional students applying to full-time Master’s degree programmes. The scholarship has three levels of awards and covers part of the tuition fee, ranging from €10,000 to the total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee. The LExS is not a full scholarship, so non-EEA recipients still need to provide proof of sufficient funds for their student visa/residence permit application. This scholarship is not available for those who already have a Leiden University Master’s degree, except for certain specified programs.
Leiden University is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands, founded in 1575 by William, Prince of Orange, in the city of Leiden. It is known for its excellent research, teaching, and international community, with notable alumni such as Albert Einstein and Nelson Mandela.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leiden University, Netherlands
Host Institution(s): Leiden University, Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee of € 10,000 – € 15,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Interested applicant who wants to apply for:
- Must be for all Master’s programmes at Leiden University – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programmes at Leiden Law School.
- Non-EEA/non-EFTA nationals who are applying for a Master’s programme at Leiden University. See additional notes for UK students below.
- Students of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies programme, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying.
- Eligible Programmes: The following faculties are eligible for the study scholarship: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
Application Procedure for Interested applicant who wants to apply for (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for Interested applicant who wants to apply for 2023 Excellence Scholarship for International Students at Leiden University in Netherlands, should use the steps below;
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each
Application Deadline: 1 Oct (for programmes starting 1 Feb) yearly
For more information visit the official website