2023 Mastercard Foundation EdTech Fellowship Program
Application is now open for 2023 Mastercard Foundation EdTech Fellowship Program for south Africa students who wish to gain a high research knowledge.
The selected candidates gains, equity-free venture funding of over R1,000,000, hands-on support from specialists in education innovation, fundraising, impact M&E, commerce and more, pedagogical evaluation and certification from EdTech Impact and Education Alliance Finland, bespoke market research support from the Injini Think Tank’s team of education innovation researchers, “sponsored skills” to temporarily fill identified gaps in each team with the intention to build capacity for long-term success, exposure and growth in new markets, including travel and speaking opportunities at ecosystem events, training and personalized coaching from faculty members of Carnegie Mellon University – a global leader in education technology and applied learning sciences, and contributing to a growing body of evidence documenting “what works” in African EdTech.
The program works to create, evaluate, and expand digital learning solutions that can be used in classrooms and other educational settings. It also works to strengthen the abilities of teachers, administrators, and other education stakeholders to use technology to enhance learning outcomes. This program has supported initiatives such as creating an online platform for teachers to access resources, developing an online learning platform for students, and creating a mobile app to help students access educational materials.
The Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation that works to advance financial inclusion and education for people living in poverty. The Foundation has invested more than $1 billion in education and financial inclusion initiatives, including its EdTech program. The EdTech program focuses on creating innovative solutions to improve access to quality education and learning opportunities for youth in Africa and the Middle East.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation and EdTech
Fellowship Location: South Africa
Fellowship Duration: 7 Months
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Not specified
Nationality: South Africans
Requirements and eligibility criteria 2023 Mastercard Foundation EdTech Fellowship Program:
In order to be eligible for 2023 Mastercard Foundation EdTech Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Has a tech-enabled solution designed to improve educational outcomes in South Africa, preferably supporting learners in pre-primary education (ages 0-5), primary and secondary education (ages 5-18) and/or teacher training and professional development.
- Post-revenue (annual turnover likely exceeding R1,000,000); Has the potential to reach 8,000 direct learners within one year of program participation.
- Addresses a substantial market opportunity, with a focus on South Africa.
- Characterised by a great potential for creating positive social impact on educational outcomes.
- Has recently raised or is in the midst of raising a seed round of funding or has demonstrated that their maturity is at a comparable level.
- Led by a diverse team with a strong understanding of the context in which they operate – we’re especially excited to support inspiring female founders and leadership teams.
Application Procedure for 2023 Mastercard Foundation EdTech Fellowship Program (How to apply);
For interested applicant who wants to apply for 2023 Mastercard Foundation EdTech Fellowship Program are to complete an online application and provide all the required information by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2023.
For more information visit the official website