2023 Russell E. Train Fellowships: Food is Local Fellowship
Suitably qualified applicants who are nationals of eligible countries within the WWF-US priority areas, who are looking to pursue a master’s or PhD degree program targeted towards research that cultivates a better understanding of the place-based nature of food system transformation are called to submit application for the 2023 Russell E. Train Fellowships: Food is Local Fellowship.
The Russell E. Train Fellowships is aimed to support individuals to develop evidence-based, innovative, and interdisciplinary research on food system transformation at the national level to build a better understanding of the country specific actions that need to be taken to transform food systems to improve human health and foster environmental sustainability. This fellowship will hasten the process of generating an improved understanding of the country-specific nature of food system transformation with a target on the strategies that will support national and global efforts to create a more sustainable food future.
The Russell E. Train Fellowships believes that it is possible to build a future in which people live in harmony with nature and to deliver this mission, the fellowship is committed to conserve and restore biodiversity, the web that supports all life on Earth, to reduce humanity’s environmental footprint, and to ensure the sustainable use of natural resources to support current and future generations.
Eligibility for the 2023 Russell E. Train Fellowships: Food is Local Fellowship:
- Applicants must be from and a legal permanent resident of an eligible country.
- Applicants must have a minimum two years of conservation related work or research experience.
- Applicants must have a proven commitment to working in conservation in an eligible country.
- Applicants must be registered in, admitted to, or have applied to a master’s or PhD program in any institution across the globe.
- Applicants must plan to begin their studies no later than January 2024.
- Applicants who are WWF employee, consultant, or previous EFN grant recipient must contact EFN to determine their eligibility.
- Applicants must submit all required documents before the application deadline.
Method of Application for the 2023 Russell E. Train Fellowships: Food is Local Fellowship:
Application Deadline: February 1, 2023.