Africa CDC Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2024
The Africa CDC Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2023 welcomes applications. This program aims to support future African Public Health Leaders (Fellows) in enhancing their skills and capabilities to plan, oversee, and guide public health initiatives that can bring significant change to African public health.
The program will welcome experienced public health experts from African Union member nations as fellows. These fellows will be crucial in steering and executing a fresh approach to public health in Africa. Additionally, they will mentor and nurture the upcoming wave of public health leaders on the continent.
The Africa CDC Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2023 is open for experienced public health professionals from African Union member countries. It aims to develop advanced leadership skills in health diplomacy, policy influence, and change management over a year. The program provides mentorship from experts in Africa and the diaspora and covers all costs, including travel, learning materials, insurance, and necessary software for online learning. Graduates will gain skills in influential leadership, strategic visioning for health, global leadership traits, navigating complex health environments, and health diplomacy.
Fellowships Sponsor(s): African Union
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Africa CDC Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2024:
- Citizenship in an African Union Member State
- Possession of a postgraduate degree in a relevant public health field
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in any public health area
- Full-time employment in a public or private African institution related to public health
- Demonstrated track record or potential for impactful public health leadership to improve population health outcomes
Application Procedure for Africa CDC Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2024 (How to apply);
Interested applicants here are the instructions and required information for applying to the African Union’s Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program:
- Visit the African Union’s website at impact.africa-cdc.org to access the application form.
- Complete the online application form. Incomplete applications won’t be considered.
- Support letter from the current employer confirming employment status and commitment to allow participation in the full eight weeks of institutional residential experience.
- Letters of recommendation from two reputable professional referees.
- Personal statement (maximum 400 words):
- Highlights leadership experience and professional achievements.
- Explores the candidate’s vision and the potential impact of effective public health leadership in Africa.
- Describes how the candidate intends to champion public health initiatives in Africa.
- Leadership challenge project proposal (maximum 400 words):
- Includes a title and a brief description of the challenge, who is affected, and why it’s important.
- Presents a strategy for solving the challenge and expected outcomes.
- Emphasizes a feasible project that can be completed within the 12-month fellowship duration.
- Deadline for applications: 30th January 2024
- Successful applicants will be informed by 31st April 2024
- The fellowship will start on 1st June 2024
For more information visit the official website