Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023 at University of Essex
Attention African students! Here’s an exciting opportunity for you to pursue your postgraduate studies in the UK with the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship for the academic year 2023/2024. Don’t miss out on this chance to apply and take the first step toward achieving your academic goals. Start your application process today and take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to study in the UK with the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship.
This scholarship is designed specifically for African Masters’s students who want to take their academic journey to the next level and study in the UK at one of the top universities in the country. If you’re a self-funding student from an African country and are passionate about your education, you could be eligible for a scholarship worth £4,000! Imagine receiving a discount on your tuition fee, which could greatly alleviate the financial burden of studying abroad. This scholarship can help you focus on your studies and make the most out of your experience at the University of Essex. If you’re from Ghana, you’ll need to have achieved a 2:1 degree or a CGPA of 3.0/4.0 or above. For Nigerian students, a CGPA of 3/5 or above is required. For students from other African Union member states, a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) is necessary to be considered for the scholarship.
The University of Essex was established in 1964 and is located in Colchester, England. It was one of the first universities in the UK to be founded in the 1960s and is known for its innovative approaches to teaching and research. The university has a strong reputation in social sciences, humanities, and law, and has produced several notable alumni in these fields.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship
Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK.
Scholarship Worth: $4,000.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: African Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023 at University of Essex:
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded,
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see below for the definition of ordinary residence) in a member state of the African Union.
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree (this includes integrated Masters degrees) with the grade specified or above.
- A higher Masters’s grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower bachelor’s grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Master’s courses leading to MA, MSc, MRES, and LLM degrees and start in October 2023 and January 2024.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 14 July 2023 (for October 2023 start) or 13 October 2023 (for January 2024 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with the any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Master’s study at Essex only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
Application Procedure for Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023 at the University of Essex (How to apply);
For an interested applicant who wants to apply for the Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023 at the University of Essex, you only need to submit your academic transcripts and certificates along with your application. There is no need to complete a separate application form. Your eligibility for the scholarship will be evaluated based on these documents.
Application Deadline: September Annually
For more information visit the official website