Australian Government Direct Aid Program 2023
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply for the Australian Embassy’s Direct Aid Program (DAP), which supports projects in African countries where the embassy is accredited.
The DAP assists global and local NGOs, community groups, and civil organizations working in African countries. This program backs projects emphasizing development and human rights, aligning with Australia’s aid goals. It’s about fostering economic growth, reducing poverty, and creating lasting positive change.
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) is a flexible grant scheme supported by the Australian Government and managed by its foreign missions through the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT). DAP aims for practical, immediate, and impactful development results for communities. The key focus areas for the 2023-24 DAP period are:
- Empowering women, gender equality, and social inclusion.
- Reducing poverty and advancing rural development.
- Preserving the environment and tackling climate change.
- Upholding human rights and good governance.
- Enhancing healthcare.
- Promoting education.
- Ensuring clean water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH).
SEE ALSO: EU Traineeships Programme 2023
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Australian Government Direct Aid Program 2023:
- You should be NGOs, civil society group, or not-for-profit organizations.
- These entities must operate in eligible African countries where the Embassy is accredited.
- Your activities should focus on development and human rights within the countries of embassy accreditation.
Application Procedure for Australian Government Direct Aid Program 2023 (How to apply);
If you’re keen on the Australian Government Direct Aid Program, make sure to submit your online application by the specified deadline. It’s recommended to go through the DAP Guidelines before proceeding with your application.
Application Deadline: 12 August 2023
For more information visit the official website