Canon Foundation/ Kyoto University Japan Africa Exchange Program 2023
The Canon Foundation Europe, in partnership with Kyoto University in Japan, is delighted to offer the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program. This program aims to support highly qualified researchers conducting research in various fields related to African Studies.
The Program aims to assist scholars from Kyoto University who wish to conduct research in Africa and also supports scholars from African partner institutes of Kyoto University who wish to conduct research in Kyoto. The program primarily focuses on providing opportunities for master’s students to engage in research activities.
Kyoto University, founded in 1897 as Kyoto Imperial University, is a prestigious national university in Japan. It has evolved from its initial five faculties to become a leading research institution. The university has a rich history, with notable achievements and collaborations on an international scale. Today, Kyoto University is renowned for its excellence in research and education, offering a diverse range of programs and attracting students from around the world.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Canon Foundation and Kyoto University
Fellowship Location: Africa and Japan
Fellowship Duration: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s degree
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Canon Foundation/ Kyoto University Japan Africa Exchange Program 2023:
- Education: Applicants must hold at least a Master’s (MA) degree.
- Employment: Candidates must be currently employed as post-doctoral fellows or faculty members at Kyoto University (KU) or KU’s partner institutions at the time of application.
- Research Excellence: Applicants should demonstrate excellent research abilities to be considered for the program.
Application Procedure for Canon Foundation/ Kyoto University Japan Africa Exchange Program 2023 (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for Canon Foundation/ Kyoto University Japan Africa Exchange Program 2023, must complete their applications and submit them to the Kyoto University Africa Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following supporting documents should be attached:
- Research Plan: Include a clear title at the top of the page and specify the starting and ending dates of your proposed research. The plan should provide a general cost estimate, covering living expenses, travel, research costs, insurance, etc. (maximum 2 pages).
- Reference Letters: Attach two reference letters, each not exceeding 1 page. One letter should come from someone who can comment on your academic qualifications and professional work, while the other should be a confirmation letter from your prospective host, verifying the availability of research or work facilities during the proposed period.
- Curriculum Vitae: Provide your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Academic Degree Certificate: Include a copy of your doctoral certificate or your highest academic degree.
- Passport Size Photograph: Attach one passport-size photograph of yourself.
- List of Publications/Achievements: Prepare a list of your academic publications or professional achievements in chronological order, including information about all authors, place and year of publication, and page references.
Application Deadline: 15th Nov 2023
For more information visit the official website