Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022/2023 for Mid-Career Professionals to Study in the United Kingdom
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle-income countries to spend a period of time at a UK host organisation working in their sector for a programme of professional development.
Purpose for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022/2023 for Mid-Career Professionals to Study in the United Kingdom:
- To provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Intended beneficiaries of the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022/2023 for Mid-Career Professionals to Study in the United Kingdom:
- Mid-career professionals (with five years’ relevant work experience) working in development-related organisations in low and middle-income Commonwealth countries.
Eligibility Requirements for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022/2023 for Mid-Career Professionals to Study in the United Kingdom:
- Fellows must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Fellows must be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Fellows must have at least five years full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship. Kindly note that voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum.
- Fellows must be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship.
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references, (one of which must be from their current employer). Prospective Fellows will be contacted directly by the CSC if required to submit references. The Host organisation Fellows are applying to might also contact them to request a reference when considering their application.
- Fellows must not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Fellows must not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject.
- Fellows must be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates.
Benefits for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022/2023 for Mid-Career Professionals to Study in the United Kingdom:
- Approved return airfare from the fellow’s home country to the UK.
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee.
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,782 per month, or £2,197 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels)
- If a fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. See the CSC disability support statement for more information.
- Arrival allowance of up to £972.59 (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels), including an element for warm clothing.
- For the Clean Energy, Air and Oceans programme a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow to facilitate attendance at events (administered by host organisations)
- A maximum of £3,000 per fellow can be agreed by host organisations for short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organisations where this forms an integral part of the programme. Host organisations should bear in mind the restrictions set out in our guidance on claimable costs.
Method of Application for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022/2023 for Mid-Career Professionals to Study in the United Kingdom:
Please note that all Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans. All applicants must be professionals working on related issues.
Interested applicants are required to visit the online application system to submit their complete application.
All fellowships in this round will be tenable for three months from February 22, 2023.
For further queries about Commonwealth Professional Fellowships, please email email@example.com.
Application Deadline: September 2022.