DeepMind Scholarships 2022 at Stellenbosch University in South Africa
Stellenbosch University in South Africa is pleased to announce open the application submission from suitably qualified students from Sub-Saharan African countries who wish to pursue a masters or PhD degree programme in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence at the university to apply for the DeepMind Scholarships 2022 which would be used to fund tuition fee and other expenses.
DeepMind Scholarships is an annual award at the university which provides Master’s scholarship and PhD scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan African countries to cover university fees, health insurance, accommodation, living expenses, and opportunities for international conference attendance. Recipients will also benefit from mentorship by DeepMind researchers.
Stellenbosch University is a public research university situated in Stellenbosch, a town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. The university is considered to be the oldest university in the country. The university is designed for students with a strong mathematical and computational background. It will equip students with the fundamentals of ML and AI, plus a suite of sophisticated techniques and concepts at the research forefront of these fields.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DeepMind Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Stellenbosch University in South Africa
Scholarship Worth: The scholarships cover university fees, health insurance, accommodation, living expenses, and opportunities for international conference attendance. Recipients will also benefit from mentorship by DeepMind researchers.
Number of Awards: 5
Nationality: Sub-Saharan African countries
Eligibility for the DeepMind Scholarships 2022 at Stellenbosch University in South Africa:
- Applicants must be Africans. Preference will be given to applicants from groups across the continent that are underrepresented in the global machine learning landscape.
- Applicants should also have existing and demonstrable proficiency in Python or an equivalent programming language, and be comfortable with numerical linear algebra, vector calculus, basic probability theory and statistics.
- Applicants must have one of the following qualifications by the time of enrollment:
- an honours degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Mathematical Statistics;
- a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- an NQF level 8 qualification deemed equivalent to the above, in a field closely linked to ML and AI.
Method of Application for the DeepMind Scholarships 2022 at Stellenbosch University in South Africa:
Interested applicants are required to complete an application for the programme before 31 August, applicants will also be considered for a scholarship. Successful applicants will be notified in September.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022.