Entrance Scholarships 2023 at Cape Breton University in Canada
Cape Breton University is offering Entrance Scholarships to both domestic and international undergraduate students who plan to pursue a degree program at the university. Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply and seize the opportunity to receive financial support for their studies at Cape Breton University.
The scholarships are open to undergraduate students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievements or are facing financial hardships. Eligible students can apply for these scholarships and receive support based on their academic excellence or financial need.
Cape Breton University (CBU) was established in 1951 as Xavier Junior College and later became the University College of Cape Breton in 1968. It attained full university status in 2005 and is located in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. CBU offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines and has a special focus on Celtic culture and heritage. The university is committed to providing quality education, fostering community engagement, and promoting research and innovation. CBU plays a vital role in the educational and economic development of the region and continues to be a respected institution in Canada.
Cape Breton University presents a diverse range of prestigious major entrance scholarships that cater to the needs of undergraduate students. These esteemed scholarships include the Chancellor’s, President’s, Deans’, Fitzgerald, Schwartz, W.M. Reid, and Orpha Thayer-Scott scholarships. With varying values, these scholarships offer a significant financial boost to deserving students pursuing their academic journey at Cape Breton University. The total amount and yearly amount for each scholarship are as follows:
- Chancellor’s Scholarship: Total Amount – $30,000, Yearly Amount – $7,500
- President’s Scholarship: Total Amount – $20,000, Yearly Amount – $5,000
- Deans’ Scholarship: Total Amount – $10,000, Yearly Amount – $2,500
- Fitzgerald Scholarship: Total Amount – $20,000, Yearly Amount – $5,000
- Schwartz Scholarship: Total Amount – $14,000, Yearly Amount – $3,500
- W.M. Reid Scholarship: Total Amount – $11,500, Yearly Amount – $4,000 & $2,500
- Orpha Thayer-Scott Scholarship: Total Amount – $10,000, Yearly Amount – $2,500
These scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded to a select number of outstanding students, providing invaluable financial support as they embark on their educational journey at Cape Breton University.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Cape Breton University, Canada
Host Institution(s): Cape Breton University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Up to $30,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Entrance Scholarships 2023 at Cape Breton University in Canada:
- Applicants must be classified as domestic or international students.
Articulation agreement students must be currently enrolled in their program of transfer.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic performance and high achievements at previous study level(s).
- A minimum 80% average, as determined by CBU, is required for eligibility with no failures.
- The average for international students entering directly from high school will be determined by Cape Breton University.
- ESL conditional offers require attendance at a CBU English language partner school for the award to be honored.
Application Procedure for Entrance Scholarships 2023 at Cape Breton University in Canada (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for Entrance Scholarships 2023 at Cape Breton University in Canada, applicants must have a conditional offer of admission into a degree program at the University. In addition to the admission application, all prospective students who wish to be considered for these scholarships are required to submit the following documents:
- Official Transcript: Applicants need to provide an official transcript from their previous educational institution(s) to demonstrate their academic achievements and qualifications.
- Financial Need Application: Students interested in applying for bursaries based on financial need must complete a separate application form to be considered for financial assistance.
These additional documents, along with the admission application, play a crucial role in the evaluation process for entrance scholarships at the University.
Application Deadline: Not specific
For more information visit the official website