Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2024
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program for the 2023/2024 academic year is now accepting applications. This fully-funded opportunity welcomes international students from all fields who aspire to begin their studies in Ireland from September 2024.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is a well-established national effort. It’s backed by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science, and administered by the Council. This program is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% in the last five years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Ireland
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Ireland
- a stipend of €19,000 per annum;
- a contribution to fees (up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum for non-EU fees);
eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Master’s, Doctorate)
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2024:
- No age limit for applicants
- Affiliation with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organization is mandatory
- Applications accepted in either Irish or English
- A maximum of two prior unsuccessful applications to the relevant program, including strategic partner themes
- Completion and passing of an eligibility quiz on the online application system is required
- Applicants should read the call for applications for comprehensive eligibility conditions.
Application Procedure for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2024 (How to apply);
If you’re interested and eligible, read the 2024 call documents and fill out the eligibility form to start your application. You’ll find sample versions of the applicant and supervisor forms for reference, but remember, all forms must be submitted through the online system.
- Call opens: August 31, 2023
- FAQ deadline: October 5, 2023, at 16:00 (Irish time)
- Applicant deadline: October 12, 2023, at 16:00 (Irish time)
- Supervisor/Mentor deadline: October 19, 2023, at 16:00 (Irish time)
- Research office endorsement deadline: October 26, 2023, at 16:00 (Irish time)
Call outcome: April 2024
- Award start date: September 1, 2024
- Please be aware that these timings are indicative and may be subject to change.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information visit the official website