Ireland Fellows Programme for Africa Students 2024 at Higher Education Institutions in Ireland
The Ireland Fellows Programme offers fully funded opportunities for eligible Africans to pursue master’s level programs in Ireland. The program is funded by the Government of Ireland through the Department of Foreign Affairs. Successful applicants will have their program fees, flights, accommodation, and living costs fully covered. If you are interested in applying for the academic year 2024/2025, mark your calendar as applications will open on 3rd July.
The Ireland Fellows Programme is designed to support early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries who show leadership potential. It offers them the chance to receive a prestigious and high-quality education in Ireland, contributing to their capacity building. The selected students are awarded a fully funded scholarship to pursue a one-year master’s level program at a higher education institution in Ireland. The scholarship covers program fees, flights, accommodation, and living costs, ensuring that the students can focus on their studies without financial burden. The aim of the program is to foster future leaders, enhance in-country capabilities to achieve national Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and foster positive relationships with Ireland.
Higher education institutions in Ireland have a long and influential history. It began with monastic schools and later saw the establishment of Trinity College in 1592, marking a significant milestone. Over time, other universities such as UCD and UCC were founded, contributing to Ireland’s educational landscape. The sector continued to expand, with the establishment of new universities and institutes of technology, offering diverse programs. Ireland’s higher education system is highly regarded globally, known for academic excellence and research contributions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Irish Government, Department of Foreign Affairs
Host Institution(s): Higher Education Institutions in Ireland
Scholarship Worth: Full funding
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Ireland Fellows Programme for Africa Students 2024 at Higher Education Institutions in Ireland:
- Be a resident national of one of the specified countries.
- Have a minimum of two or three years of relevant work experience, depending on the country.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited and government-recognized higher education institution, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), awarded in 2011 or later.
- Not already hold a qualification at the master’s level or higher, and not currently undertaking or scheduled to start a master’s program in the referenced academic year.
- Apply for a new master’s program in Ireland, with a start date no earlier than August of the referenced academic year.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, a commitment to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in their home country, and a commitment to building positive relationships with Ireland.
- Choose three relevant programs from the Directory of Eligible Programs based on their academic and professional background.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiency requirements for the chosen programs.
- Have not previously applied to the Ireland Fellows Programme more than once.
- Be available to take up the Fellowship in the referenced academic year.
Application Procedure for Ireland Fellows Programme for Africa Students 2024 at Higher Education Institutions in Ireland (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for Ireland Fellows Programme for Africa Students 2024 at Higher Education Institution in Ireland, should know that the application period for the academic year 2024-25 for the Ireland Fellows Programme will commence on 3rd July. Eligible and qualified candidates interested in applying for the program should stay tuned for further updates and the release of application instructions and the application link. Keep an eye on this space for the latest information.
Application Deadline: To be updated
For more information visit the official website