MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2023 at the University of Pretoria
Are you ready to make a difference in Africa? The University of Pretoria (UP) is calling all African students to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. This program offers a unique opportunity for motivated individuals who want to contribute to the transformation of Africa.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a global initiative with a vision to empower and nurture future leaders who will drive social and economic change. As part of this program, the University of Pretoria (UP) has joined hands with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) to provide scholarships to talented Masters African students seeking postgraduate education. This is an incredible opportunity for deserving individuals to pursue their studies and contribute to the transformation of their communities and beyond.
The University of Pretoria (UP) is a renowned educational institution in South Africa with a history dating back to 1908. Originally established as the Pretoria campus of the Transvaal University College, it became an independent university in 1930. UP has since grown into a leading university known for its academic excellence and commitment to research and community development. Offering a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, UP attracts students from diverse backgrounds. The university is dedicated to fostering inclusivity, diversity, and a culture of learning. With a focus on societal transformation, UP actively engages in research, innovation, and community initiatives to address local and global challenges.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation (MCF)
Host Institution(s): The University of Pretoria (UP)
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount not stated)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Requirements and eligibility criteria for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2023 at the University of Pretoria:
- Be citizens from Africa.
- Come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and show financial neediness.
- Demonstrate leadership potential and actively participate in a giving back project, such as in their community, school, church, etc.
- Prioritize academic excellence and maintain a high academic average consistently.
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities (BPolSci program – Political Studies or International Studies only)
- Engineering (Honours and Masters degree applications for continuing students only)
Application Procedure for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2023 at the University of Pretoria (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2023 at the University of Pretoria,
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Pretoria, follow these steps:
- Complete the online application form at www.up.ac.za/apply. You can also submit a hard copy of the application form. For more information, contact +27 (0)12 420 4297/6621 or email email@example.com for undergraduate and postgraduate inquiries.
- Your application will be evaluated by the relevant faculty. You will be notified about your admission status by the faculty.
- Once admitted, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the application process for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
- If selected as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar, ensure you have a valid passport to apply for a visa promptly.
Please note that following the application process is essential to be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Pretoria.
Application Deadline: 30th August 2023
For more information visit the official website