Medical Scholarships for International Students 2024 at American College of Surgeons
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the American College of Surgeons Medical Scholarships. These scholarships offer international students the chance to engage in diverse educational opportunities, gaining new skills and knowledge in surgical education and training.
These awards offer funding of up to $10,000 for young faculty members from countries outside the United States and Canada. The training received aims to enhance postgradute surgical education back in the scholar’s home country.
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) was established in 1913 to elevate surgical standards and patient care. Since its inception, it has been a pivotal force in advancing surgical education, setting guidelines, promoting research, and advocating for improved healthcare policies. Through its focus on training, professional development, and humanitarian efforts, the ACS remains a leading organization, shaping the field of surgery and upholding excellence in surgical practice.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): American College of Surgeons
Host Institution(s): American College of Surgeons
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: international students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Medical Scholarships for International Students 2024 at American College of Surgeons:
- Graduates of medical schools who completed surgical training.
- Fully trained surgeons with a minimum of five years of experience post-certification (or equivalent) and no more than 20 years of experience.
- Submit applications from their intended permanent location after being in surgical practice, teaching, or research for at least one year.
- Demonstrate commitment to high-quality surgery, surgical teaching, and improving access to surgical care in their community.
- Past recipients of ACS International Scholarships are not eligible.
- Submit a complete application in English.
- Preference is given to those without prior training or fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Provide three independently prepared letters of recommendation from colleagues, including one from their department chair or a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons in their country.
- The ISSURGED award must be used in the designated year.
- Awardees are expected to submit a report focusing on the visit’s value and potential benefits to patients in their home country upon their return.
Application Procedure for Medical Scholarships for International Students 2024 at American College of Surgeons (How to apply);
To apply for the American College of Surgeons Medical Scholarships 2024, applicants must fill out an online application and provide all necessary supporting documents.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
For more information visit the official website