Melton Foundation 2023 SDG Innovation Challenge for African Entrepreneurs
If you’re a young African eager to team up with fellow changemakers who also want to make a positive impact at the grassroots level, the Melton Foundation’s 2023 SDG Innovation Challenge for African Entrepreneurs is calling your name! Whether you’re a student, professional, community enthusiast, or just someone keen on creating change in Africa and beyond, this challenge is your opportunity to shine.
Imagine a dynamic online platform, the SDG Innovation Challenge, where young Africans (aged 18-35) come together virtually to craft innovative solutions that tackle local issues and drive the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Since 2020, this unique challenge has harnessed creativity, teamwork, and critical thinking to address challenges in a systematic and measurable way. It’s a hub for turning grassroots efforts into impactful change.
The SDG Innovation Challenge 2023 brings together young African talents under the theme “Mobilizing the African Youth for Sustainable Impact.” It aims to foster fresh thinking, develop practical solutions through collaboration, and drive transformative actions for the betterment of African communities.
Awards Sponsor(s): Melton Foundation
Awards Worth: Not specific
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Not specified
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Melton Foundation 2023 SDG Innovation Challenge for African Entrepreneurs:
- Show a strong passion for improving livelihoods in your community and beyond.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in sustainable development and a willingness to contribute to advancing the SDGs.
- Be motivated to actively participate throughout the event.
- Work effectively in a diverse team with members from different fields and locations.
- Be enthusiastic about brainstorming during the challenge in an agile, hackathon-style environment.
- Commit to taking the idea from concept to completion and continue involvement after the SDG Innovation Challenge.
Application Procedure for Melton Foundation 2023 SDG Innovation Challenge for African Entrepreneurs (How to apply);
If you’re interested and eligible, apply while keeping these points in mind:
- Your project ideas should relate to the main theme: Mobilizing African Youth for Sustainable Impact.
- Ensure your ideas connect with one or more key themes.
- Your project should help change mindsets and behaviors in your community.
- Aim to create a more inclusive society through your project.
- Showcase Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI), Changing Mindsets & Behavior, Employment, Digital Transformation, Partnerships, and Collaborations in your project.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023
For more information visit the official website