Rest of World Labor x Tech Reporting Fellowship 2023 for Journalist worldwide
Rest of World is inviting applications for four fellowships to join their team for a full year. The focus of the fellowship is to explore the impact of technology on labor and workers’ conditions in the regions they cover.
The program is open to individuals who possess knowledge about the technology and business sectors in these regions. The fellows will work closely with the reporting team, providing original story ideas and collaborating with global reporters and editors. The Ford Foundation’s Future of Work(ers) program has generously provided a grant to fund the fellowship. The Ford Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to promoting equality and building a fair and just world.
The Rest of World organization is offering a valuable opportunity to journalists around the world to delve into the impact of technology on labor and employees on a global scale. Through the Rest of World Labor x Tech Reporting Fellowship 2023, selected reporters from non-Western regions will receive a stipend of $40,000 to conduct in-depth coverage of this important topic.
Rest of World is looking for journalists from Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, or Vietnam), South Asia (Pakistan or Bangladesh), Sub-Saharan Africa (South Africa, Kenya, or Uganda), and Latin America (Colombia, Brazil, or Chile) who are based in these four regions. The four selected fellows will join forces with Rest of World’s regional editors from these respective regions. Each applicant must be able to work legally in the country they are based in.
Fellows are required to publish at least two stories each month in the Rest of the World, and they will have the opportunity to collaborate on and contribute to other labor-related stories within the publication. After a period of six months, fellows will begin to work on a year-end project in partnership with the features team at the publication, to create a series or a single investigative piece that delves into the effects of technology on workers in the areas that Rest of World covers.
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Rest of World Labor x Tech Reporting Fellowship 2023 for Journalist worldwide:
To be eligible for Rest of World Labor x Tech Reporting Fellowship 2023 for Journalist worldwide, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have been working as professional reporters in their home country.
- Applicants must be passionate about writing about labor injustices and holding powerful people and companies accountable.
- Applicants must have published original articles on issues that are critical to their communities; we’d prefer that fellow have a basic understanding of the tech and business landscape in their countries, but we don’t require that they have extensive experience in tech reporting.
- Applicants must be curious about how tech has transformed the nature and definition of work, and are willing to go deep to explore the human experience and cost of such work.
- Applicants must bring their own experiences and perspectives to inform and advance the journalistic work they are undertaking.
- Applicants must be willing to explore new ways to tell stories, including digging into data, incorporating audio, and more.
Application Procedure for Rest of World Labor x Tech Reporting Fellowship 2023 for Journalist worldwide (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for Rest of World Labor x Tech Reporting Fellowship 2023 for Journalist worldwide should apply
Application Deadline: April 7th, 2023.
For more information visit the official website