Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship 2023 for Developing Countries
Schlumberger Foundation invites outstanding women from Developing Countries who are looking to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related field at top universities to submit application for the 2023 Faculty for the Future Fellowship worth about USD 50,000 for PhD and USD 40,000 for Post-doctoral study.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship is an annual event launched with the aim to award women from developing countries who are preparing for PhD or post-doctoral study in the physical sciences and related field at top universities for their disciplines abroad. Applicants are selected based on their leadership capabilities and scientific talents. Selected applicants are expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers while inspiring other young women. The Fellowship is worth USD 50,000 for the PhD scholarship and USD 40,000 for the Post-doctoral scholarship.
Schlumberger Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports science and technology education. While recognizing the link between science, technology, and socio-economic development, as well as the key role of education in realizing individual potential, the Foundation flagship program is Faculty for the Future. The program’s long-term goal is to accelerate gender equality by generating conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers through alleviating some of the barriers like finance by providing scholarship awards worth a huge sum to these women.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Top universities
Scholarship Worth: About USD 50,000 for PhD and USD 40,000 for Post-doctoral
Number of Award: Several
Nationality: Developing Countries
Eligibility for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship 2023 for Developing Countries:
- Applicants must be from developing countries.
- Applicants must be a woman.
- Applicants who wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related field.
- Applicants must have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university/research institute abroad.
- Applicants who wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies.
- Applicants must be very committed to teaching and show active involvement in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences.
- Applicants must hold an excellent academic record.
Application Deadline: November 11, 2022.