WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Training Fellowship 2023 in Nigeria
Starting from September 2023, the Department of Anaesthesia at National Hospital Abuja, Nigeria, is offering two fellowship positions in Paediatric Anaesthesia as a part of the Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa (PATA) initiative. These positions will provide an opportunity for educational instruction from both local experts and visiting specialists. The fellowship program lasts for 12 months.
The WFSA and the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists are among the local sources that lead and support PATA. The organization collaborates with partners, such as Smile Train and the Vanderbilt University Medical Centre, which have extensive knowledge in global surgery and anaesthesia. PATA is currently accepting applications for a scholarship that covers tuition fees, housing costs, and living expenses for selected individuals. Preference will be given to promising and emerging anesthesiologists.
Requirements and eligibility criteria for WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Training Fellowship 2023 in Nigeria:
To be eligible for WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Training Fellowship 2023 in Nigeria, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be registered and practising medical practitioners in their country of origin.
- Applicants must have a keen interest in paediatric anaesthesia and teaching.
- Applicants must have completed residency training in Anaesthesia.
- Applicants must be supported in their application by their national anaesthesiology society which must be a member society of the WFSA.
- Applicants must be supported in their application by their head of department or hospital management.
- Applicants must be returning to their home country to a recognised post.
- Applicants should ideally be working in a teaching hospital.
Application Procedure for WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Training Fellowship 2023 in Nigeria (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for WFSA Paediatric Anaesthesia Training Fellowship 2023 in Nigeria, should apply online via the application platform. Select Chapter ‘Fellowships’ and Category ‘PATA Abuja Fellowship 2023’. Applicants should also submit the following documents below.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Current practising licence from the Medical board or council of the participant’s country
- Copy of photograph page of passport
- Recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
- Certificate of registration with the Medical board or council of the participant’s country
- Applicants who meet the requirements will need to participate in an interview. Those chosen for the position will receive an email on June 1, 2023, notifying them of their acceptance.
- Applicants who have been selected for the scholarship must confirm their acceptance within 3 days of being informed, or the offer will be given to the next candidate.
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2023.
For more information visit the official website