2022 African Development Bank (AfDB) AgriPitch Competition for African Youth Agripreneurs
Suitably qualified African Youth Agripreneurs who are at the early stage of developing their ideas or concepts for agripreneurship or a newly established business are invited to submit application for the 2022 African Development Bank (AfDB) AgriPitch Competition worth about USD 140,000 grant which helps to enhance applicants investment readiness of agripreneurs through training and ensure they are pitch ready for investors.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) AgriPitch Competition is aimed to support agripreneurs by focusing on building the bank ability of their businesses and ensuring that they are pitch ready for potential investors. The Competition is a coached and mentored interactive and tailored two-week training programme to review, prepare and present Agripreneurs businesses for capital raising from investors. Agripreneurs will meet investors in the virtual AgriPitch DealRoom, following training on how to manage the investor engagement process and their knowledge of areas such as: business models, investment/business plans, financial structuring, market needs assessment, business financing, and business pitching. During the programme, selected applicants will virtually showcase to judges and investors their ready youth-led business focused on food systems which in turn raises the profile of their businesses and facilitating their access to grant worth about USD 140,000.
Eligibility for the 2022 African Development Bank (AfDB) AgriPitch Competition for African Youth Agripreneurs:
- Applicants must be at the early stage of developing their ideas or concepts for agripreneurship or a newly established business.
- Applicants must have a clearly defined prototype or proof of concept.
- Applicants or firms with existing market traction in technology, product or service, already in the market.
- Applicants firm must be a registered corporate entity with a clear investment ask and growth plan or strategy.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years of age that own at least 25% of their business and are in leadership and management positions of the business.
- Priorities will be given to firms with at least 51% share of women ownership or founded by a woman.
Benefits of the 2022 African Development Bank (AfDB) AgriPitch Competition for African Youth Agripreneurs:
- Training session
- Two weeks long business development boot camp
- Mentorship and coaching
- Grant worth about USD 140,000
Application Deadline: November 4, 2022.