2022 Lex:lead Essay Competition for Students in Developing Countries
Suitably qualified students from developing countries are invited to submit application for the 2022 Lex:lead Essay Competition. The Competition will provide up to 15 one-time awards of about $500 which will be awarded in February 2023 to winning essays submitted by December 31, 2022 answering: How can developments in Fintech impact upon economic development and how should it be regulated?
Lex:lead consist of a group of international lawyers and friends who support economic development with their main aim on the world’s least developed countries. It offer an annual essay competition on topics of law and development to students from eligible countries for one-time $500 awards. In 2015, Lex:lead also started placing its students in internships with the World Bank and NGOs and in 2018, it began offering mentoring to its award winners. Launched with funding from the International Bar Association Foundation, Lex:lead is a partner to the World Bank supported Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development.
Eligibility for the 2022 Lex:lead Essay Competition for Students in Developing Countries:
- Applicants with citizenship and enrollment with at least one law class in an eligible country are welcome to register before the application deadline. Essays will be accepted from registered applicants between 1-31st December 2022.
- Applicants does not necessary need proof of eligibility unless when they receive notification that they are a finalist being considered for an award.
- Applicants must ensure all essays are in compliance with competition rules and will not be accepted from unregistered applicants after the deadline.
Awards for the 2022 Lex:lead Essay Competition for Students in Developing Countries:
- Award cheques are generally made to the applicant’s educational institution for use toward the applicant’s tuition and/or books. The winning essays may be published.
- Awards are generally payable to the winner’s educational institution on his/her behalf and not to the winning applicant directly. Funds may also be less any necessary bank conversion fees and/or taxes.
- A Certificate of Participation will be sent to all registered applicants who submit an essay before the deadline.
- DLA Piper award for the highest-ranked winner from an eligible Asian country.
- Jerome Poitou award for the highest-ranked award-winner from Haiti.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022.