The UNESCO World Heritage Centre Patrimonito Storyboard Competition 2022
The UNESCO World Heritage Centre is pleased to announce open the latest edition of the 2022 Patrimonito Storyboard Competition. This competition targets to offer young people with an opportunity to use their creative and problem-solving skills to raise awareness about World Heritage sites. The theme of the 2022 competition is “World Heritage and Climate Change”.
The World Heritage Education Programme is inviting secondary school students and youth to create storyboards on the theme for the 2022 competition. The best submission will be selected by an independent jury and professionally produced into animated films for global distribution to schools and at World Heritage education events. Patrimonito’s World Heritage Adventures cartoon series is a flagship activity carried out under the World Heritage Education Programme, since 2002. The cartoon series targets to raise the awareness of the need of heritage preservation among the youth, through a “by young people, for young people” approach, inviting them to pass the message of World Heritage preservation to their age groups.
Eligibility for The UNESCO World Heritage Centre Patrimonito Storyboard Competition 2022:
- The competition is open to young people from all over the world between the ages of 12 and 18 years old.
- Applicants must ensure the artworks are created solely by them, either by hand or using digital drawing tools. In either case, the scanned copies must be submitted by email OR the original copies (in case of hand-drawn entries) or the print versions (in case of digital artworks) must be submitted by postal mail to UNESCO. Applicants may also choose to submit their entries through their countries’ National Commissions for UNESCO.
Benefits of The UNESCO World Heritage Centre Patrimonito Storyboard Competition 2022:
- The winner will receive a UNESCO certificate, and the winning storyboards will be professionally adapted into an animated film episode of the Patrimonito’s World Heritage Adventures series.
- The name of the creator of the winning storyboard will be credited in the film which will be distributed worldwide by UNESCO and its partners. The release of the next episode is scheduled for 2023.
Method of Application for The UNESCO World Heritage Centre Patrimonito Storyboard Competition 2022:
Interested applicants are required to submit their entries through any of the following means below:
- Email the scanned version of the storyboards to the World Heritage Centre by @: PatrimonitoCompetition@unesco.org
- The original copies (in case of hand-drawn entries) or the print versions (in case of digital artworks) must be submitted to the attention of:Ms Ines Yousfi
Focal Point, World Heritage Education Programme
UNESCO World Heritage Centre
7, place de Fontenoy,
75352 Paris 07 SP France
- Interested applicants may also choose to submit their entries through their countries’ National Commissions for UNESCO.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022.