2022 World Science Forum Media for Social Justice Fellowships
Suitably qualified science-interested journalist from all over the world are invited for the 2022 World Science Forum Media for Social Justice Fellowships which is the largest pan-African general science gathering dedicated to scientific research and innovation. The two and a half-day programme held each December in Pretoria brings together over 3500 participants for discussion and debate in plenary sessions, panel discussions and interactive talks.
The World Science Forum Media for Social Justice Fellowships in conjunction with the World Science Forum 2022 will move to Cape Town with a ceiling of 2000 invited delegates. Like previous editions, the Fellowship serve as an open, public platform to debate the science and society interface. Leading scientists, researchers, young researchers, journalists, business people, entrepreneurs and innovators, policy makers, science and technology communicators and the general public will ignite conversations about science. Fellows will discuss new discoveries and debate the direction that research is taking in the sciences, humanities and social sciences.
The World Science Forum is an international conference series on global science policy organised biannually in Budapest, Hungary. The Forum was established in 2003 and continues to aim at being the “Davos of Science” and achieving the same global strategic impact on science and science policy as the World Economic Forum does in the field of global economic policy. Scientific knowledge is not just a powerful means of understanding human nature but an essential parts of Mankind’s everyday live. The Forum’s mission is to exchange views and ideas on how to communicate science and its basic values to the society at large and to the various stakeholder groups.
Eligibility for the 2022 World Science Forum Media for Social Justice Fellowships:
- Any science-interested journalist, irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, place of residence and media (paper, radio, TV, web) are welcome to apply.
- Applicants will need media accreditation as well as proof of recent work and an intention or commission to cover the conference programme.
- Applicants will also be asked to provide a few simple lines as to what the conference theme of “science for social justice” might mean to them. As a legacy of WSF2022, it is hoped that social justice might also better inform and become more prevalent in scientific coverage worldwide.
Benefits of the 2022 World Science Forum Media for Social Justice Fellowships:
- Bed & breakfast at a WSF2022 approved hotel
- Free accommodation from 3 to 10 December, subject to flight options and media side trip planning
- Free conference registration
- Free access to all programme and side-event activities
- Free onsite catering when offered by organizers or partners
Method of Application for the 2022 World Science Forum Media for Social Justice Fellowships:
Interested applicants should follow the steps below:
- Applicants should visit the official website to Apply for a Media Grant and follow the application procedure
- On submitting the application form for travel grants, applicants must agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022.