2023 African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) has recently declared the commencement of the 2023 scholarship program. The scholarships are intended for candidates hailing from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African nations, who desire to pursue a Ph.D. degree in Economics at a university that confers such degrees within Africa for the academic session 2023/2024.
The African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023 is a valuable opportunity for promising candidates to refine their academic pursuits for the upcoming academic session of 2023/2024, without worrying about tuition and other study expenses. The primary aim of the Ph.D. scholarship is to facilitate the advancement of sub-Saharan Africa by providing local economics professionals with the essential resources they need to succeed in policy research and graduate education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Universities in Africa mentioned below
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
- Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: African Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for 2023 African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships:
- Applicants must have applied and been admitted to any of the participating universities.
- Applicants must have obtained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or a related field from an accredited university.
- Applicants must have a Masters’s degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods, and econometrics.
- Applicants must be in possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must show evidence of engagement in economic management, research, and/or training in the public sector.
- Females and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC Ph.D. Bridge Programme alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
Application Procedure for 2023 African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for 2023 African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships, are required to submit their admission applications directly to the relevant universities. The application procedure can be found on the university’s website. Once an admission letter is received from a particular university, applicants should upload the following documents to the AERC scholarship portal:
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Evidence of admission at any of the participating universities
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2023.
For more information visit the official website