Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 at University of Basel in Switzerland
The Biozentrum at the University of Basel is pleased to announce that applications for the highly esteemed Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 are now open. This prestigious program is highly sought-after and attracts ambitious, skilled, and deeply passionate young scientists from all over the world.
The Werner Siemens Foundation and the University of Basel have come together to provide an unparalleled opportunity for exceptional graduate students in the Life Sciences field. The prestigious Biozentrum Fellowships Program is not your typical PhD student program that aims to recruit large numbers of applicants. Instead, it focuses on identifying and nurturing the very best talents in the field. Every year, up to 10 extraordinary candidates are selected through a rigorous and highly competitive selection process. Successful applicants are presented with a unique opportunity to rotate through various research groups of their choice, exposing them to a diverse range of research areas and allowing them to select the research focus that aligns with their passion and expertise.
The University of Basel is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Switzerland, with a history that dates back over 550 years. The university was founded in 1460 by Pope Pius II, with the support of the local government and the citizens of Basel. The university began as a small institution with just a few dozen students, but it quickly grew in size and reputation. Over the centuries, the University of Basel has produced numerous notable alumni, including philosophers Friedrich Nietzsche and Karl Jaspers, physicist Johann Jakob Balmer, and novelists Hermann Hesse and Friedrich Dürrenmatt.
Fellowships Sponsor(s): The Werner Siemens Foundation and the University
Host Institution(s): The University of Basel, Switzerland
Fellowships Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: 10
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 at University of Basel in Switzerland:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must hold or expect soon a university degree that qualifies them for a PhD program at the University(MSc and equivalent).
- In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a 4-year bachelor’s degree, typically from outside the Bologna system, are also eligible to apply. These will be able to complete a Master’s program on a fast track at the University as part of their fellowship.
- Applicants can neither be enrolled as a Ph.D. student at the University nor have signed a Ph.D. working contract at the University at the decision date of the respective fellowship call.
Application Procedure for Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 at University of Basel in Switzerland (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for the Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 at University of Basel in Switzerland, are required to submit their application online. As the Summer Call 2023 is now open. Your application must include:
- Electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts as pdf files
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page, pdf format)
- Names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members). The referees will be contacted automatically and will be asked for a reference letter.
Application Deadline: 25th May 2023.
For more information visit the official website