2023 DAAD Japan Short-Term Research Grants
The 2023 DAAD Japan Short-Term Research Grants program is currently open to doctoral students from all over the world who wish to pursue their research projects in Germany.
This program aims to support the advancement of research work as part of doctoral (PhD) studies. Funding is available for any research project or course of continuing scientific education that will take place in Germany, either at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education or a non-university research institute, and with coordination with an academic advisor in Germany. The primary aim of this program is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programs.
The DAAD Japan was established in 1983 with the aim of promoting and supporting academic exchange between Japan and Germany. Over the years, the office has facilitated numerous study and research opportunities for Japanese and German scholars and students, including scholarships, grants, and various other funding programs. The DAAD Japan office also collaborates with universities and research institutions in both countries to develop and implement joint research projects and academic events. Today, it remains an important platform for fostering continued academic cooperation between Japan and Germany. The DAAD Japan office provides information and support services to students, researchers, and academics who are interested in studying, researching, or collaborating in Germany.
Grants Sponsor(s): DAAD Japan
Host Institution(s): Universities in Germany
Grants Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for 2023 DAAD Japan Short-Term Research Grants:
In order to be eligible for 2023 DAAD Japan Short-Term Research Grants, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be doctoral candidates or postdoctoral researchers based in Germany who wish to conduct research at a university or research institution in Japan.
- Applicants must have a research project that requires them to be in Japan for a period of one to six months. The research project should be related to the applicant’s field of study.
- Applicants must have a good working knowledge of either Japanese or English, depending on the language of instruction at the host institution.
- Candidates must have completed their most recent academic degree no more than six years prior to the application deadline.
- Applicants must submit a detailed research proposal, a curriculum vitae, and letters of recommendation from two academic referees.
Application Procedure for 2023 DAAD Japan Short-Term Research Grants (How to apply);
For interested applicant who wants to apply for 2023 DAAD Japan Short-Term Research Grants you must first register on the DAAD portal. You will then need to obtain two references and apply either online or by post. If you choose to apply online, you will need to access an online application form on the DAAD portal, in which you can enter your application data. It is essential that you thoroughly read through the application guidelines before beginning the application process.
Application Deadline: On going
For more information visit the official website