2023 ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship
Qualified Stakeholders from West Africa are encouraged to apply for the 2023 ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship. The scholarship provides an opportunity for participants to take part in a three-day immersive learning experience that aims to introduce them to Internet governance (IG) from both global and West African viewpoints.
From 22 to 24 May 2023, the 6th West African School on Internet Governance (WASIG) will take place, followed by the 15th edition of the West Africa Internet Governance Forum (WAIGF) on 25-26 May 2023. The WAIGF Team, with support from the ECOWAS Commission acting as the Secretariat, is responsible for organizing both events.
The school is set up as a three-day, intensive educational program designed to give participants an introduction to Internet governance (IG) from both a worldwide and West African viewpoint. This program will involve conversations with industry professionals and taking part in the Policy and Regulation Initiative for Digital Africa’s (PRIDA) online training interface. Certificates will be rewarded to those who complete the course successfully. The primary topics of the program are:
- Evolution of the Internet and the history of Internet Governance
- Mapping of Internet Governance processes and actors
- Classifications of Internet Governance issues (infrastructure, legal, economic, and development) from African contexts
- In-depth analysis of opportunities and challenges of emerging issues (cybersecurity, digital economy, human rights) from the West African context
- A practical exercise on a key Internet Governance issue affecting West Africa
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship:
Individuals from West Africa are being invited to actively engage in Internet governance and ICT policy initiatives, particularly those who are already recognized as key players or decision-makers in their respective fields. It is highly encouraged that those who possess the necessary expertise and experience contribute to driving progress within their organizations, countries, and even the continent as a whole. By doing so, they can leverage their skills and knowledge to effect positive change in the development of the region’s ICT sector.
All potential candidates should come from a variety of stakeholder groups, such as:
- Youth and Women groups
- Civil society
- Private Sector
- Government offices and Regulatory agencies
- Security and Defence forces
- Academia and technical community
- Archives, Libraries, and Documentation centers
- West African regional institutions, etc
Application Procedure for 2023 ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for the Science in Big Data Analytics Scholarship 2023 at IESEG School of Management, requested to complete the online form and submit it before the application deadline. Women and youth are particularly encouraged to apply. Spaces are limited.
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2023.
For more information visit the official website