2023 Google PhD Fellowship for International Students
This fellowship provides direct support to graduate students as they pursue their PhD studies and connects them to a Google Research Mentor. This fellowship is open to all disciplines and provides a stipend, tuition, and fees for up to three years. Additionally, recipients will receive travel support to attend conferences and other research-related activities. Google’s Fellowship program was designed to honor remarkable graduate students who are conducting pioneering and creative research in the field of computer science and related disciplines. Google’s mission is to cultivate inclusive research communities and to motivate people from a variety of backgrounds to apply. Google currently offers Fellowships in many countries and continents around the world.
The Google PhD Fellowship Program was established in 2009 to recognize and support outstanding graduate students who are doing exceptional research in Computer Science and related disciplines. The program provides fellows with a financial award, as well as access to exclusive Google networking events, mentorship opportunities, and other resources. Fellows are selected based on their academic achievements, research accomplishments, and potential to make significant contributions to their field. The program has grown over the years, and now includes fellows from over 30 countries around the world.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Google
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, East Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa and India.
Requirements and eligibility criteria 2023 Google PhD Fellowship for International Students:
In order to be eligible for 2023 Google PhD Fellowship for International Students, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Nominated students in Australia and New Zealand, East Asia, Europe, the United States and Canada
- Universities should only nominate students that are full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD and enrolled in an institution in one of the regions listed above.
- Universities are to nominate applicants who have completed their coursework by the Fall of the award year when the fellowship begins. Usually the third year for US and Canadian
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children and members of their household are not eligible.
- Students already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible.
Direct Applicant Students in Africa and India
- Applicants must be full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD and enrolled in an African or Indian institution.
- Early stage PhD students enrolled one year or less.
- Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions.
Application Procedure for 2023 Google PhD Fellowship for International Students (How to apply);
For interested applicant who wants to apply for 2023 Google PhD Fellowship for International Students are to apply online while ensuring that they submit the relevant supporting documents during the application process.
Application Deadline: May 11, 2023 at 11:59:59pm UTC for the African region.
For more information visit the official website