African Guest Researchers Scholarship 2023 at Nordic Africa Institute
The Nordic Africa Institute is offering the African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship 2023 to early career African-based researchers who are highly motivated and qualified.
This programme is designed to give these researchers the opportunity to progress their research at the Institute, with access to its library, work with Institute researchers, networking opportunities, and other resources to create a stimulating research environment. The Institute for Social Sciences and Humanities in Africa is also providing a Master’s scholarship and PhD scholarship for early career researchers to carry out their own research projects in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanities. This programme is aimed at strengthening the ability to generate knowledge about Africa, as well as encouraging the development of relationships between African and Nordic research groups.
The Nordic Africa Institute (NAI) is a research and information center on modern and contemporary Africa. It was established in Uppsala, Sweden in 1962 and is funded by the Nordic governments. The Institute’s mission is to promote research, knowledge, and dialogue on Africa in the Nordic countries, and to strengthen the collaboration between Nordic and African researchers. The Institute’s research focuses on the social, economic, and political development of Africa, as well as on the historical and cultural connections between Africa and the Nordic countries. The Institute also provides information services, organizes conferences and seminars, and publishes research results.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Nordic Africa Institute
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria African Guest Researchers Scholarship 2023 at Nordic Africa Institute:
In order to be eligible for African Guest Researchers Scholarship 2023 at Nordic Africa Institute, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be early career researchers based in Africa and engaged in Africa-oriented research.
- The applicant’s research topic should be within the disciplines of Social Sciences and Humanities, with a focus on contemporary Africa.
- The applicant’s research should also be relevant to the core principles of the UN Agenda 2030.
- Applicants must be full-time staff employed by an African-based university or research center who are enrolled in a doctoral program in the African region and who do not have access to an international scholarship.
- Applicants must be postdoctoral researchers within 5 years or less of Ph.D. completion.
Application Procedure for African Guest Researchers Scholarship 2023 at Nordic Africa Institute (How to apply);
For interested applicant who wants to apply for African Guest Researchers Scholarship 2023 at Nordic Africa Institute, should submit complete applications online and also submit the following documents below:
- Up-to-date CV, including a list of publications (if available online, please include links)
- Outline of the research project, 5 pages
- Work plan, 1 page
- Reference: A signed letter of support from the applicant’s Head of Department or other senior scholars in the same field, which confirms the current workplace/affiliation and field of research.
If you would like to apply for something, you can also do so using regular mail. To find out more, please contact email@example.com.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023.
For more information visit the official website