2023 United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme in Finland
Suitably qualified PhD students who are looking to pursue their academic career in Finland are invited to apply for the 2023 United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme which is fully funded through out the fellowship period.
The Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme offers registered students fully funded PhD scholarship opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research on developing economies, and to work with the Fellowship researchers in areas of mutual interest. Visiting PhD fellows will spend three months at UNU-WIDER before going back to their home institution. During their time in Finland, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. Fellows may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
The United Nations University is the academic and research arm of the United Nations with diplomatic status as a U.N. institution. The university was established in 1972 and ever since then, its been devoted to the Charter objectives of peace and progress with its mission to help resolve global issues related to human development and welfare through collaborative research and education. The university offers several degree programmes with over 300 PhD students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): (UNU-WIDER) Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme
Host Institution(s): United Nations University in Finland
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Study level: PhD
Eligibility for the 2023 United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme in Finland:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have demostrated ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Applicants working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
- Applicants should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
- Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The Fellowship programme is especially addressed at researchers at later stages of their PhD.
Benefits of the 2023 United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme in Finland:
- UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of applicants PhD granting institution, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during applicants stay at UNU-WIDER), and a monthly stipend of about EUR 1,850 to cover living expenses in Finland during the period of the fellowship.
Method of Application for the 2023 United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme in Finland:
Interested applicants are to apply using the following steps below:
- Applicants are required to upload their curriculum vitae and applicant’s PhD supervisor will need to provide UNU-WIDER with a letter of reference, which should be emailed by their supervisor to: email@example.com.
- Click HERE for the link to the applications page.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022.