2024 CICOPS Scholarships at University of Pavia in Italy
The 2024 CICOPS Scholarships at the University of Pavia in Italy present an exciting opportunity for researchers from developing countries to pursue their dreams without worrying about the financial burden. This prestigious scholarship offers an exceptional opportunity to conduct research in Italy, collaborate with top-tier scholars, and experience a vibrant academic environment at no cost.
The University of Pavia, in partnership with the Institute of the Right to University Studies (EDiSU), is proud to offer five prestigious postgraduate scholarship opportunities for visiting scholars in 2024. These scholarships are designed to promote international collaboration, especially with developing countries that are classified by the World Bank as low, lower-middle, and upper-middle-income economies. The aim of the CICOPS Scholarships is to provide visiting scholars with the unique opportunity to reside at the University of Pavia for a period of four to twelve weeks. During their stay, they will have access to the university’s extensive resources, world-class facilities, and exceptional academic community. This experience will allow them to engage in research, collaborate with esteemed colleagues, and broaden their knowledge in their field of study.
The University of Pavia is a public research university located in Pavia, Italy. It was founded in 1361 by the ruling Visconti family as the Studium Generale of Pavia, making it one of the oldest universities in the world. Initially, the university focused on law, medicine, and theology, and was renowned for its quality of education. In the 16th century, it became an important center for the study of natural sciences, attracting scholars such as Galileo Galilei and Giovanni Alfonso Borelli. The university also played a significant role in the scientific revolution of the 17th century, with many of its professors making significant contributions to fields such as astronomy, mathematics, and physics. In the 20th century, the university continued to thrive, becoming a hub for research and innovation in fields such as medicine, engineering, and computer science. Today, the University of Pavia is considered one of the top universities in Italy and Europe, with a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary research and collaboration.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The University, in conjunction with the Institute of the Right to University Studies (EDiSU)
Host Institution(s): The University of Pavia, Italy
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: 5
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Developing Countries
Requirements and eligibility criteria for 2024 CICOPS Scholarships at University of Pavia in Italy:
- Applicants must have at least two years of either teaching experience or activity within International organizations and institutions.
- Scholarships are designed for both junior and senior members of Universities in Developing Countries or members of major research centers and international organizations or institutions with a specific interest in the field of development studies.
- CICOPS scholarships are reserved for research collaboration in the short term in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University.
Application Procedure for 2024 CICOPS Scholarships at University of Pavia in Italy (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for 2024 CICOPS Scholarships at University of Pavia in Italy, must fill out the online application form available on the CICOPS website. Applicants should also upload the following documents below.
- Curriculum vitae ideally in European format with a list of publications (file to be named: Surname_Name_CV)
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom you intend to collaborate 1 (file to be named: Surname_Name_Letter)
- The uploaded documents should be named as mentioned above. Applications without a correctly named curriculum vitae and invitation letter will not be taken into consideration.
- Please only fill in your application form once you have received the letter of acceptance from your contact Professor at the University. Incomplete applications will be rejected; no exceptions will be made.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023.
For more information visit the official website