AAU International Fellowships 2023 for Graduate and Postgraduate Students
The AAU International Fellowships 2023 for Graduate and Postgraduate Students in the United States is now accepting applications from exceptional candidates who are committed to advancing the rights of women and girls. These fellowships are awarded based on academic merit and a proven track record of dedication to the cause.
The program is designed to support women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents and are planning to pursue their professional careers in their home countries. It provides full-time funding for graduate or postdoctoral studies in the United States, enabling the recipients to gain valuable knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of their communities. By investing in the education of these talented women, the AAU International Fellowships program is helping to build a more equitable world where women and girls have equal opportunities to succeed. The fellowship program offers financial support for educational expenses and living expenses for qualified postgraduate students pursuing a master’s, first professional degree, doctoral or postdoctoral degree. The amount of funding varies depending on the level of study, with master’s and first professional degree students receiving $20,000, doctoral students receiving $25,000, and postdoctoral students receiving $50,000. In addition, dependent child care and travel expenses for professional meetings, conferences, or seminars up to 10% of the fellowship total may also be covered.
Since 1917, the International Fellowships have been providing a limited number of grants to women who are members of Graduate Women International (GWI) and are interested in pursuing their studies abroad (excluding their home country). These grants are aimed at supporting graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions in the United States. To be eligible, candidates must have completed a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree before the application deadline and must have already applied to their intended institutions of study by that time. The selection of recipients is based on their academic achievements as well as their demonstrated commitment to advancing women and girls. The recipients of these grants return to their home countries and take on leadership roles in various fields such as business, government, academia, community activism, the arts, or scientific fields. The program has helped women from different parts of the world to advance their education and careers, contributing to the development of their communities and the empowerment of women and girls globally.
Requirements and eligibility criteria for AAU International Fellowships 2023 for Graduate and Postgraduate Students:
- Applicants must have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently or expect to be during the fellowship year, U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens with the U.S. and another country.
- Applicants must hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- Applicants must intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Applicants must intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career upon completion of their studies.
- Applicants must be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting one of the Required Components, which include certain English proficiency exams, transcripts from English-speaking institutions, or a written statement verifying English is the applicant’s native language.
- Applicants planning to take one of the accepted English proficiency exams should plan for and take the test as early as possible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2023, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc. Certificates, associate degrees, and undergraduate degrees are ineligible.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees classified as research degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2023; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S.-accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to Graduate Women International members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program but must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
Application Procedure for AAU International Fellowships 2023 for Graduate and Postgraduate Students (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for AAU International Fellowships 2023 for Graduate and Postgraduate Students, should ensure to complete and submit the online application form for the fellowship program. If you have any inquiries or require technical assistance from ISTS, the technical consultant, please ensure to email firstname.lastname@example.org. If prompted for a program key on the website, please enter AAUW-IF. Applicants are advised not to decline communications from ISTS to guarantee that they receive crucial updates from AAUW.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023.
For more information visit the official website