2023 European Geosciences Union (EGU) Science Journalism Fellowship
The EGU Science Journalism Fellowship 2023 is open for professional journalists reporting on Earth, planetary, or space sciences. You could receive up to €5,000 in grants for your reporting project. Apply before the deadline for a chance to win.
The European Geosciences Union (EGU) offers a Science Journalism Fellowship for professional journalists reporting on topics related to Earth, planetary, or space sciences. The program is open to applicants who write in any European language and provides a grant of up to €5,000 to cover expenses related to reporting projects. The EGU encourages eligible candidates who meet the criteria to submit proposals for consideration.
The European Geosciences Union (EGU) is a non-profit organization established in 2002, dedicated to promoting research and collaboration in Earth, planetary, and space sciences. It has over 22,000 members from around the world and publishes 20 scientific journals covering various topics in geoscience research. The EGU aims to foster interdisciplinary collaboration and public understanding of geoscience research through education and outreach initiatives.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): The European Geosciences Union (EGU)
- The European Geosciences Union (EGU) has the option to grant one or multiple fellowships, which may total up to €5,000, to selected candidates. It should be noted that this grant is not intended to serve as a salary or to cover applicants’ wages, but rather to provide financial assistance for all or part of the costs associated with their projects. These costs may include travel expenses such as flights and accommodations, as well as costs related to video, audio, or photography. The successful candidate(s) will receive a portion of the grant in advance, with the remainder being awarded upon successful completion of their project(s).
- Furthermore, the recipient(s) of the fellowship will have the opportunity to attend the EGU General Assembly after the completion of their projects. Travel expenses of up to €1,000 will be covered for this purpose, and they will be invited to discuss their experience of following scientists in the field.
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Study Level: Professional, Active Journalists
Nationality: All Nationality
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 European Geosciences Union (EGU) Science Journalism Fellowship:
- Applicants must focus on a topic in the geosciences (including planetary and space sciences) with potential broad public appeal and within the remit of EGU’s scientific divisions.
- Applicants must outline an original, well-informed approach to the subject.
- Applicants must feature leading Europe-based researchers and/or have European relevance.
Application Procedure for 2023 European Geosciences Union (EGU) Science Journalism Fellowship (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for 2023 European Geosciences Union (EGU) Science Journalism Fellowship, must follow this link to submit their complete application.
Application Deadline: 16th June 2023.
For more information visit the official website