Women Techsters Fellowship Program 2023 for African Women
The Women Techsters Fellowship Program 2023 is a virtual learning initiative designed to empower African women with the skills and knowledge needed to pursue careers in technology and build technology-enabled businesses. The program is divided into two phases: a 6-month intensive training program followed by a 6-month internship, with enrollment into a mentorship program throughout. This year-long fellowship aims to equip women with the necessary tools to succeed in the tech industry, ultimately creating a more diverse and inclusive tech workforce.
The Women Techsters Fellowship Program 2023 has a clear goal: to reduce the gender gap in digital and technical knowledge within the tech industry. By providing African women with equal access to technology opportunities, the fellowship aims to equip them with the skills and confidence needed to succeed in this field. Ultimately, this program seeks to create a more inclusive and diverse tech ecosystem where women and girls are given the same opportunities to thrive as their male counterparts.
The Women Techsters Fellowship Program is an initiative of Tech4Dev, a Nigerian-based non-profit organization established in 2019 to promote digital literacy and empower women in technology. The fellowship was first launched in 2020 and has since trained and mentored over 200 young women across Africa, equipping them with digital and technical skills to pursue careers in technology or entrepreneurship. The program aims to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry by providing African women with equal opportunities to succeed in this field, ultimately contributing to the creation of a more diverse and inclusive tech ecosystem.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): The Women Techsters Fellowship Program
Fellowship Worth: To qualify for the internship, Engineering Fellows are expected to complete training in one of the following five learning paths: Software Development, Product Design (UI/UX), Cybersecurity, Product Management, or Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
Number of Awards: 3 % of applicants
Fellowship Duration: One year.
- The first six months of the program will consist of virtual technical and soft skills training,
- while the remaining six months will be devoted to experiential learning through an internship or business incubation and mentorship.
Nationality: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, and Egypt
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Women Techsters Fellowship Program 2023 for African Women:
- girls and women aged between 16 and 40 years to enroll in the fellowship program.
- However, the organization is only considering applications from women who reside in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, and Egypt.
- Proficient in English, as the program is conducted in English.
- Able to access the internet and have a computer or laptop to participate in the virtual program.
- Applicants must also be able to demonstrate a commitment to using technology to drive positive change in their communities.
Application Procedure for Women Techsters Fellowship Program 2023 for African Women (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for the Women Techsters Fellowship Program 2023 for African Women, are expected to fill out the form if they can commit to the training schedule.
Application Deadline: May 27, 2023.
For more information visit the official website