African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships 2023
The AERC is starting the 2023/24 PhD Scholarships for students from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries. These scholarships are for those who want to study Economics at universities that offer Economics degrees.
The goal of this scholarship is to support the growth of sub-Saharan Africa by training professionals in economics. This is done by helping with policy research and graduate education in economics.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): AERC
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
- Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Requirements and eligibility criteria for African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships 2023:
- Have applied and received admission to a participating university.
- Hold a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or a related field.
- Possess a Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields with coursework covering key subjects.
- Ideally, have a published work in a refereed journal.
- Show involvement in economic management, research, or training in the public sector (preferred).
- Encourage female and post-conflict/fragile state applicants, especially AERC PhD
- Bridge Program alumni from 2017 and 2018, to apply.
Application Procedure for African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships 2023 (How to apply);
If you’re applying for the African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships, follow these steps:
- Apply for admission to the university directly (check their website for instructions).
- Once you receive an admission letter from the university, go to the AERC scholarship portal.
- Upload the required documents onto the AERC portal:
- A cover letter for your application.
- Your CV (curriculum vitae).
- Proof of admission to a participating university.
- Certified copies of your transcripts and certificates.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2023
For more information visit the official website