Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 for East African Researchers
Suitably qualified East African Researchers from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Eastern Congo (Kivu) who have presented their thesis from 2017 are called upon to submit their application for the 2023 Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship worth about 1,600 euros monthly stipend.
The Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship is initiated and funded by the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Institut Français de Recherche en Afrique (IFRA) of Nairobi to offer a short-term fellowship for a period of three months in France for postdoctoral researchers from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Eastern Congo (Kivu) who have presented their thesis from 2017. The Fellowship is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in field inquiries, library and archives work in France.
Eligibility for the Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 for East African Researchers:
- Applicants must be researchers originating from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of the above countries.
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2017.
- Applicants must take part in research in social and human sciences.
- Applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay.
- Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFRA expressing the institution’s willingness to host them during the fellowship period and stating the work conditions offered.
Benefits of the Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 for East African Researchers:
- Selected fellows will receive a monthly stipend of about €1,600 per month.
- Selected fellows will be provided with support for visa and logistical support to organize the stay.
Method of Application for the Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 for East African Researchers:
Interested applicants are required to submit their application using the online application form and upload their research application documents into one single PDF:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae with maximum 2 pages
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in East Africa
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022.