Belgium Government ARES Scholarships for Developing Countries 2024
Are you from a developing country? Do you have a master’s degree? Here’s your chance to study in Belgium and enhance your skills to contribute to your country’s development. Applications are now being accepted for the Belgium Government Masters and Training Programmes (ARES) Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025.
These scholarships for master’s and training programs give you the opportunity to study a specialized master’s program for a year or take an advanced training course lasting 4 to 6 months at a higher education institution in Wallonia-Brussels, Belgium.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Belgium Government
Host Institution(s): Higher education institutions in Belgium
Scholarship Worth: Fully–funded
Number of Awards: 200
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Students of Developing Countries
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Belgium Government ARES Scholarships for Developing Countries 2024:
- Be a national, reside, and work in one of the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Republic of Guinea (Conakry)
- South Africa
- Hold a diploma comparable to a graduate-level degree (300 credits ECTS) for advanced masters and continuing education courses (equivalent to Bac+5).
- Hold a diploma comparable to an undergraduate-level degree (180 credits ECTS) for advanced bachelors (equivalent to Bac+3). The degree must have been obtained within the last 20 years at the time of the course start. This period can be extended by one year due to childbirth and adoption.
- Have relevant professional experience in an ARES partner country of at least two years after graduate studies for advanced bachelor’s and after postgraduate studies for advanced master’s and continuing education courses.
- Complete the application in the language the training is given and demonstrate a good written and spoken knowledge of it. Additionally, having a basic understanding of French is beneficial for daily life in Belgium.
Application Procedure for Belgium Government ARES Scholarships for Developing Countries 2024 (How to apply);
Applying for the Belgium Government Masters and Training Programmes (ARES) Scholarships 2024-2025 is an online process, and it’s completely free. You need to create a GIRAF account, which will be validated within a few hours to a few days. Once your account is validated, you can access the application form through your GIRAF profile. Remember to use the “Save and edit later” option if you need more time to complete your form. When you’re ready, click “Submit my application.” Be sure your application is complete, in the right language, and meets all stated criteria. The entire process occurs online via GIRAF; no postal, email, or fax submissions are accepted.
Application Deadline: 17 November 2023
For more information visit the official website