BRAIN 3.0 For African Deeptech Startups 2024
If you’re leading a Deeptech startup in Africa with an MVP and early progress, here’s your opportunity! Apply for the BRAIN program today. BRAIN (Bridging Research and Innovation) aims to fuel Deep Tech Innovation in Africa by offering access to top-notch resources for scientist-entrepreneurs addressing critical challenges. Apply now to be part of this transformative initiative!
The program, led by Open Startup International in collaboration with MIT Legatum Center, MIT Executive MBAs, and MIT Africa, assists 20 Pan-African Deep Tech startups. These startups participate in a 1-week regional boot camp in Cairo, Egypt. During this boot camp, they receive tailored mentorship from MIT experts and African innovation specialists. The startups also compete for a chance to become finalists and gain immersive visits in diverse ecosystems.
Grant Sponsor(s): MIT Legatum Center
- Comprehensive educational curriculum developed by MIT experts
- Personalized mentoring and networking with various ecosystem experts
- International exposure with immersive visits to the US, France, and Africa for 8 pre-selected startups
- Talent matching services
- Investor matching and soft landing opportunities
- Cash prizes available up to USD 50,000
Nationality: African Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for BRAIN 3.0 For African Deeptech Startups 2024:
- Startup incorporated in Africa
- Focused on Deep Tech innovation from scientific research
- Currently in or near the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage
- Shows potential for intellectual property (IP) development
- Demonstrates early traction or initial deals
- Securing initial grants or funds
- Aimed at international scaling
Application Procedure for BRAIN 3.0 For African Deeptech Startups 2024 (How to apply);
To apply for the BRAIN 3.0 For African Deeptech Startups 2024, please visit the application portal and submit your complete application.
Application Deadline: January 26, 2024
For more information visit the official website