C V Raman International Fellowship 2022 for African Researchers
Are you an African researcher who is actively engaged in research projects at a university or research institution in an African country? If that sounds like you, then you are honorably invited to submit application for the C V Raman International Fellowship 2022 that enables fellows to undertake a fully funded research work in India.
The C V Raman International Fellowship which is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI) through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) have initiated the fellowship program under the India-Africa Forum Summit to promote human capacity building through scientific and technological cooperation between Africa and India. The Fellowship program will give fellows the opportunity to undertake a fully funded research project in India in any of the following categories below:
- Doctoral or Post Doctoral Fellowship which is scheduled to last for a period of 6 months
- Visiting Fellowship which is scheduled to last for a period of 3 months
- Senior Fellowship which will last for 1 month
You might want to ask who is C V Raman right? Let’s talk about him, He was an Indian physicist between November 7, 1888 to November 21, 1970. He was well known for his work in the field of light scattering using a spectrograph that he developed, he and his student K. S. Krishnan discovered that when light traverses a transparent material, the deflected light changes its wavelength and frequency. This phenomenon is an unknown type of scattering of light, which they called “modified scattering” was subsequently termed the Raman effect or Raman scattering. Raman received the 1930 Nobel Prize in Physics for the discovery and was the first Asian to receive a Nobel Prize in any branch of science. With that being said, most of the research work in India are often named in honor of him.
Eligibility for the C V Raman International Fellowship 2022 for African Researchers:
- Applicants must be an African researcher.
- Applicants must be actively engaged in research work at a university or research institution in an African country.
- Applicants must be applying to any of the above mentioned fellowship category.
- Visiting fellowship applicants must have 4 to 6 years research or teaching experience.
Benefits of the C V Raman International Fellowship 2022 for African Researchers:
- Monthly sustenance allowance of Rs 40,000 per month for Doctoral or Post Doctoral Fellowship, Rs 50,000 per month for Visiting and Senior fellowship.
- Additional contingency grant of Rs 20,000 for Doctoral or Post Doctoral Fellowship, Rs 10,000 for Visiting and Senior fellowship.
- To and fro economy class airfare.
Method of Application for the C V Raman International Fellowship 2022 for African Researchers:
Interested applicants are to inform FICCI through email at email@example.com about their duration of stay in India in consultation with their respective host scientists.