Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for International Students in Canada
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation is pleased to announce open the application submission from suitably qualified international students in Canada who are looking to pursue their bachelors or master’s degree in either painting, drawing, sculpture, or printmaking to apply for its grant which is worth CAD $17,000 to CAD $20,000.
Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants is awarding a Bachelor’s scholarship or Master’s scholarship to international students in Canada who are looking to study or are studying either painting, drawing, sculpture, or printmaking to benefits from its annual grant worth about CAD $17,000 to CAD $20,000 for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation is a private Canadian charity that provides grants to young artists working in representational painting, sculpture, drawing and/or printmaking. The Foundation was established in 1955 and in 2020, The Foundation awarded close to CAD $1.4M in grants to 88 artists and art students in Canada and it still continues to help young artists train in traditional artistic methods.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
Scholarship Worth: About CAD $17,000 to CAD $20,000
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Eligibility for the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for International Students in Canada:
- Applicants must be an international student.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to apply and must not be older than 41 years of age at the time of submitting their application for the grant.
- Applicants who have previously received a grant may apply for further grant after the age of 41, provided that the applicant continue to meet all other eligibility requirements.
- In launching their career, applicants must be either a student or emerging artists at the early stage of their career.
Method of Application for the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for International Students in Canada:
Interested applicants must submit their complete online application at the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation online portal. Kindly note that applications submitted by email, mail, or otherwise, will not be accepted.
Applicants must provide the following documents listed below:
- Personal Information- Applicant’s full name, artist name (if any), gender, date of birth, contact information, country of citizenship, website URL, and how the applicant heard about the Foundation.
- Proof of Identity- Government-issued photo ID and proof of citizenship, current address, and date of birth.
- Education and Training- A list of the universities, colleges, and art schools attended with the degrees/diplomas obtained and the graduation date (or projected date).
- Exhibitions- A list of the exhibitions in which the applicant’s work has been displayed during the previous five years or will be displayed in the next two years.
- Portfolio- Images of six representative works (no more or less) produced in the two years immediately preceding the date of the application. These must be original works produced by the applicant alone.
- Proof of Acceptance- If the applicant is applying to further their art education or training, a proof of acceptance or enrollment from the institution where they intend to study or train.
- Artistic Proposal- A description of the proposed work, project, course of study, or training the applicant intends to undertake with a grant from The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation.
- Artist Statement- A brief artist statement relating to the applicant’s previous and current work.
- Budget- A budget for the proposed work, project, course of study, or training described in the applicant’s Artistic Proposal.
- Letter of Reference- A letter of reference from a teacher or professor, an artist or curator who is familiar with both the applicant and the applicant’s work and can support their application.
Application Deadline: There is no application deadline