Entrance Awards for International Students 2024-25 at University of Winnipeg
New international students entering the University of Winnipeg directly from a high school outside Canada will automatically receive the University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards for the upcoming academic year after their high school graduation.
Certain awards will be granted automatically based on your admission average, while others will need a separate application. International Undergraduate students receiving application-required entrance awards must enroll in classes for the specific session mentioned in the award offer
The University of Winnipeg, founded in the late 19th century, emerged from the consolidation of Manitoba College and Wesley College. These institutions merged to form United College in 1938 and later became the independent University of Winnipeg in 1967. The university expanded its academic programs, focusing on liberal arts, sciences, business, and Indigenous studies. Embracing diversity, it provides a welcoming environment for students from varied backgrounds. Known for research excellence in environmental studies, Indigenous governance, and technology, the university actively engages with the local community and emphasizes campus development to provide modern facilities. As of January 2022, the University of Winnipeg continues to evolve, prioritizing academic innovation, and research, and maintaining its commitment to offering quality education while contributing to societal advancement.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Winnipeg, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Winnipeg, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Entrance Awards for International Students 2024-25 at University of Winnipeg:
- Minimum 85% grade average in grade 12 high school courses for general admission.
- No prior attendance at another post-secondary institute, excluding dual credit high school/post-secondary courses.
- Ineligibility for students with post-secondary transfer credits or admitted through letters of permission.
- Submit UWinnipeg admission application within 6 months after high school graduation.
- Complete the admission application, including fees and supporting documents, by the award eligibility deadline for the desired first term.
- Should be selected for other UWinnipeg entrance awards if applying for the International Special Entrance Scholarship.
- For scholarship recipients:
- Fall term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in both fall and winter terms in the first academic year.
- Winter term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in winter term and 6 credit hours (6-8 weeks) in the following spring term, or a minimum of 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
- Spring term start: Register for a minimum of 6 credit hours (6-8 weeks) in the following spring term or 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
Application Procedure for Entrance Awards for International Students 2024-25 at University of Winnipeg (How to apply);
Applicants need to submit their admission application by the given deadline. After that, they’re automatically considered for scholarships. In certain situations, no extra actions are needed beyond the admission application.
Application Deadline: February 01
For more information visit the official website