Falling Walls Science Summit 2022 Journalist Fellowship
The Falling Walls Foundation is pleased to announce open the offer for a journalist fellowship grant to support international media representatives in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022. The Fellowship is fully funded to
to Berlin in Germany where selected journalists will be invited to meet international speakers and take part at the Falling Walls Science Summit which is to take place on 7-9 November 2022.
The Falling Walls Science Summit is an annual Fellowship where journalists outline their chosen topic relating to the interdisciplinary programme of the Summit. Selected journalists will be invited to join an exchange with one of the festival’s numerous renowned partner organisations and speakers. The fellowship grant aims to further strengthen the international public perception of Berlin as a location for scientific excellence and to contribute to the promotion of independent science journalism.
The Falling Walls Foundation is an annual science event in Berlin, Germany. The Foundation was founded on November 9, 1989 through the support of German Ministry of Education and Research and it helps to showcases the research work of international scientists from a wide range of fields. The Foundation holds its annual conference where every speaker presents a talk of maximum 15 minutes, explaining how their scientific research helps to break down walls in science and society.
Eligibility for the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022 Journalist Fellowship:
- Applicants must be international media representatives with a proven track of journalist record whether freelance or staff.
- Applicants are expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Falling Walls Science Summit.
- Applicants can research on any media areas or publish in any form of publication suitable.
Benefits of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022 Journalist Fellowship:
- The Foundation will select up to twenty media representatives.
- Selected media representatives will each receive a fellowship grant which will be awarded as a huge sum and includes travel, accommodation, expenses for the whole duration of the fellowship programme, research and reporting costs if applicable.
Method of Application for the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022 Journalist Fellowship:
Interested media representatives are to send their application documents in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application documents includes:
- Cover letter and short expose/research plan (1 – 1,5 pages) on applicant’s preferred topic, including planned publication date and media contact. Note: the subject of applicant’s reporting must be based on one of the event topics.
- Short CV of applicant’s journalistic career and if applicable, a journalism grants, awards, etc.
- Maximum three examples of applicant’s journalistic work within a field of science.
Application Deadline: October 2, 2022.