2023/2024 ASU/Mastercard Foundation/Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarships for African Professionals
Well deserving African Professionals who are looking to pursue a masters degree program programme at Arizona State University (ASU) in USA are invited to submit application for the 2023/2024 ASU/Mastercard Foundation/Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarships that is a fully funded award that gives scholars the opportunity to participate in activities as part of the wider Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University, including leadership curriculum, individual mentorship, and other events and programming.
ASU/Mastercard Foundation/Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarships is a scholarship program situated within EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for ASU, focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. The Master’s scholarship is a fully immersive and traditional on-campus 2 years program with a focus on training EdTech experts for Africa. While classes are in session, Scholars have the opportunity to work part-time with the Baobab team to gain hands-on experience implementing the strategic objectives of the Baobab Platform. The Platform consists of the implementation of an online learning community that will eventually include over 70,000 aspiring young African professionals around the world. Between the first and second year, Scholars will be supported to take part in a 2 months Africa-based internship that agrees with their program of study.
Arizona State University is a comprehensive public research university in USA, established in 1885 and committed to providing excellence in education through the Academic Enterprise, and enables the success of its students. The university believes education is for everyone as its pursuit of access and excellence for all students drives their impact on meaningful social progress and a more equitable global future and as such, will provide graduate scholarships to train 25 young African professionals at the Master’s level for various programs from 2021 to 2025.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): ASU/Mastercard Foundation/Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Arizona State University in USA
Scholarship Worth: Covers costs incurred for visa application processing, costs incurred for English language tests, costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams, airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona, full tuition, books, Housing, Participation in Scholarship programming
Number of Award: Not Mentioned
Study level: Master’s
Eligibility for the 2023/2024 ASU/Mastercard Foundation/Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarships for African Professionals:
- Applicants must be willing to apply for one of the eligible programs listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice.
- Applicants must be from an African country.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must show a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- Applicants must present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree with a required minimum 4 years of study.
- Applicants must not have started or completed other graduate degrees before August 2023.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
Method of Application for the 2023/2024 ASU/Mastercard Foundation/Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarships for African Professionals:
Interested applicants are required to apply for the scholarship first and if successful, will be assisted in the process of applying for admission to the University. Interviews via video or phone calls will be held during November 2022, with final decisions made by February 2023. All successful applicants will travel to Phoenix, Arizona to join the Program in July 2023. For Questions and Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: October 7, 2022.